Where are James Cameron and Oliver Stone?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Fred Bang, May 22, 2002.

1. Quentin

Quentin Cinematographer

Quentin H
    Counting their cash?

2. Terrell

Terrell Producer

Well, think whatever you want about Lucas. Lucas is infinitely better than Bay. At least Lucas has give movie fans some of the greatest theater experiences of their lives. And he has 4 Oscar noms, something Bay will only be able to fantasize about.:p)

As for Stone, I did heat he was working on Alexander the Great. It's supposed to come out next year, I believe. Cameron directed the last Dark Angle show. But isn't he supposed to be directing some project named "Ghosts of the Abyss?"

3. Derek Faber

Derek Faber Stunt Coordinator

Lucas and Brukheimer in the same league?!!!

That's nuts.

4. DarrenA

DarrenA Second Unit

5. SvenS

SvenS Second Unit

6. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins

7. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

Stone and Cameron have both been directing documentaries recently. Stone has been working on LOOKING FOR FIDEL, a doco about Fidel Castro. Aside from the title, I know nothing else about it.

James Cameron has been busier. Prior to his stint on DARK ANGEL, Cameron was working on GHOSTS OF THE ABYSS. This is an Imax documentary that visits numerous historical sunken wrecks worldwide, (including the Titanic, which Cameron has revisited for the doco). The film utilises the same (slightly updated) HiDef video format that George Lucas shot ATTACK OF THE CLONES with. Bill Paxton appears in the documentary and actually gets to go down to the Titanic for real this time, (unlike the theatrical film, where Paxton remained on a soundstage). Some Australian technicians worked on Cameron's doco and enthused about the large, dramatic scale of the project. There's lots of helicopter footage, a sequence with Cameron and his crew attempting to get their submersible back on ship during a thunderous storm at night - lots of dramatic and eye-opening stuff. The doco is still in post-production and I haven't seen any announcements as to when or where it will eventually appear, but you can potentially expect (at the very least) portions of the new Titanic HiDef footage to end up on Van Ling's eventual TITANIC: SPECIAL EDITION DVD, whenever it appears.

8. Matthew_S

Matthew_S Second Unit

oh yeah, we were talking about what these guys are doing lately...[​IMG] I don't know about Cameron (could care less) but Stone is indeed working on Looking For Fidel, the Alexander the Great film (starts shooting in October in India, starring Heath Ledger the last i heard) and he's supposed to work on another vietnam-themed film named "Spite House" after that. I hope he gets back to work soon! (although he did do 10 films in 10 years, so i guess he's tired).

9. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

10. SvenS

SvenS Second Unit

11. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I knew about Alexander The Great, but this is the first I heard about another Vietnam flick. I thought he wanted to do a WW2 romance with Kevin Costner attached.
    Oliver Stone is my favorite living director. Im anxious to see him do something else too.
    I think he wants to do 3 more films then retire.

Platoon
    Born On The Fourth Of July
    The Doors
    JFK
    Nixon

Everyone of them a damn masterpiece IMHO

12. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

Oliver Stone Box Set has been the best thing I've bought to date. AS for James Cameron, whom I think is a great director. True Lies 2 was in the plans but I think Cameron said he will not make it now cause of Sept. 11. He has planned a documentary on the Titanic, I think Bill Paxton is a part of. Neither of these people should be considered washed up as they have shown they can make great pictures and I believe they still will.