What's new

Where are all the Jerry Lewis movies on dvd? (1 Viewer)

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Billy Feldman
Thanks, Ron - as I said, it sure didn't seem like a boot. I actually didn't have a link in the post - I just said if you search the title on eBay you'll find the dealer I got it from - who also had The Geisha Boy at a fairly reasonable cost. The latter is one of my favorite Lewis films.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
This is the Most recent topic with posts so I decide to reopen it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
BillyFeldman said:
Jack Theakston said:
Missing on R1 DVD:
3 RING CIRCUS (Martin and Lewis)
THE SAD SACK (VistaVision)
ROCK-A-BYE BABY (R6)
DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP
VISIT TO A SMALL PLANET
IT'S ONLY MONEY
WHO'S MINDING THE STORE?
BOEING BOEING (stinks)
THREE ON A COUCH (Sony)
WAY... WAY OUT (Fox, who cares?)
DON'T RAISE THE BRIDGE LOWER THE RIVER (OOP, but you can get it for $3 on ebay or amazon... don't bother)
THE BIG MOUTH (Sony)
HOOK, LINE AND SINKER (Sony)
WHICH WAY TO THE FRONT? (Warner)
HARDLY WORKING (Fox)
SLAPSTICK OF ANOTHER KIND (don't even know who owns this, don't care-- Lewis' worst film)
SMORGASBORD (Warner, shame this one isn't out)
Where's The Geisha Boy?
Atleast Four of those are actually on bluray from Olive Films now.
Still too many to available on any format including Hook Line and sinker and all the movies that were in the two paramount sets from about five years ago.
I'm going to start ordering the Olive film releases as they are going for about $20 on Amazon.
Since the Jazz Singer was released I thought more of his others would start popping up.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Cracking Up (Smorgasbord) is available from the Warner Archive
http://www.wbshop.com/product/cracking+up+1000180064.do?from=Search

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Artists and Models was just a added to Netflix streaming and the HD stream looks great.
Also a few of these missing Lewis films are also there.
The Sad Sack, The Delinquints, Don't Give Up the Ship and Its Only Money, Who's Minding the Store .
Also something g called Fight For Life with Morgan Freeman that looks like it may have been made for TV, not sure.

Any info on re-releasing the two Paramount Martin & Lewis Collection’s that has been long out of print?

JeffT.

Deceased Member
Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment did a tremendous job when it personally released the Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis catalogue of films at great prices. Unfortunately they are now in the hands of another DVD-Bluray distributor and cost an arm-and-a-leg.
I would love to get that latest batch especially THE GEISHA BOY (1958) in Blu-ray but at $25 a piece no way. I must be shamefully spoiled on the more reasonable pricing on these.
I guess Paramount just wasn't making enough of a profit on the Jerry Lewis franchise which is unfortunate.
Jeff T.
:D

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
JeffT. said:
Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment did a tremendous job when it personally released the Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis catalogue of films at great prices. Unfortunately they are now in the hands of another DVD-Bluray distributor and cost an arm-and-a-leg.
I would love to get that latest batch especially THE GEISHA BOY (1958) in Blu-ray but at $25 a piece no way.
Why do you think the price is $25.00? You can buy it on-line for $14.43.

JimmyWilson

Agent
The Martin & Lewis Collections have been recently re-released through Warner Archive Collection at more reasonable prices.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I spun my DVD of Artists & Models last week. Great film, great DVD, and would make a great blu-ray through the Warner Archive.

I also spun 3 Ring Circus. Not a great film but as it is in VistaVision would make a stunning blu-ray.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Keith Cobby said:
I spun my DVD of Artists & Models last week. Great film, great DVD, and would make a great blu-ray through the Warner Archive.

I also spun 3 Ring Circus. Not a great film but as it is in VistaVision would make a stunning blu-ray.
Keith, agreed, but where did you find 3 Ring Circus?

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Both volumes of the Martin and Lewis collection go for ridiculous prices on Amazon, but somehow I managed to pick up both at FYE for about $55 used - and that's the total amount together. Talk about a deal!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Please read the following HTF posting guideline:
5. Respect for copyrights. Home Theater Forum has a strict policy of respecting the rights of copyright holders. We do not allow promotion of bootleg material or discussion on how to obtain it, and we immediately delete all links to sites that deal in bootleg material. If you have any doubt whether a source is legitimate, please check with a moderator before posting any links. We also do not allow discussion of (a) how to make unauthorized copies of video or audio materials, (b) how to defeat any form of copy protection (including, for example, how to make "personal" copies of commercially produced DVDs), and/or © how to obtain equipment that can only be used for such purposes. In one form or another, this rule goes back to the very origins of HTF. We are serious about it. Please do not try to debate copyright law with us. We're not interested in discussing what the law should be. Public discussion about copyright law is allowed as long as it doesn't violate any portion of this or any other site rule. We believe it is in the best interest of HTF to enforce this policy strictly, and members test it at their peril.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Surprised that there's no mention here of the two films that introduced Martin & Lewis to the public:

My Friend Irma (1948)

My Friend Irma Goes West (1949)

Both are legitimately available on well-produced DVD (which I have) and I'm hoping we'll soon see a nice Blu release.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Hi everyone! Happy New Year! It's been awhile but I had to throw this out there as I got "The Nutty Professor" on Bluray for Christmas.I asked my wife to get me the two Martin Lewis DVD sets for Valentine's Day.In the meantime I'm chomping at the bit for any possible Jerry Lewis Bluray box sets for 2015 or any other titles that are expected to come out this year.I saw Mr. Lewis on Jimmy Fallon last year but I don't think they talked about any more releases. Any predictions for 2015?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks