What's new

When will we get the rest of Sliders???? (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I certainly hope so! I have the 3 seasons that are on DVD noe... and would love to see the last 2 so I could finaly complete my set!

I am starting to worry about this myself!

Eric_R.

Stunt Coordinator
Well the started dropping the prices of them so who knows they could get released soon. I still have to pick up seasons 1-3.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I was a huge fan of Sliders, but I started losing interest during the last several seasons. Seasons 1-3 are the best of this show, IMO.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I agree with the last two posters. The first couple of seasons were cool. With the different variants of Earth (ie-Communist US, or American as English colony). Then they decided to make it a movie theme of the week. And then killed it even further by getting rid of the Professor, the girl and finally Quinn. :thumbsdown:

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
If Season 4 gets released I will get it, but Season 5, forget it. I just hated the last season.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Not just movie of the week plots, but much of the 3rd season were based on horror movies. That actually started even before Professor Arturo was killed off, and one of his horror-themed episodes actually first aired on FOX out of order after the 2-parter that killed him / introduced Maggie Beckett.

Kev_S

Grip
Real Name
Kevin Shinner
I must admit I'm looking forward to the last two seasons the most as those are the ones I haven't seen!

I actually like the arc they introduced with the Kromags (sp?), can't wait to find out how it ends!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Yeah...Season 4 was a bit of an improvement over S3....but S5...

The budget went way down, as did the quality...

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The budget went down with the 4th season, because it was the first to be produced for The Sci-Fi Channel. But even without two major characters (Arturo and Wade) and with the addition of Quinn's brother Colin in the sixth episode "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" (brothers Jerry and Charlie O' Connell worked together) the fourth year was a vast improvement conceptually and in terms of the scripts over the third. No doubt!

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I think the bigger question is, will the remaining seasons be on double-sided discs....my "Exodus Part 1" is defective.

tommyST

Auditioning
Real Name
tommystewart
I picked up the first set when it originally came out but have yet to watch all of it... Im really enjoying the show (as this is my first time around), but I would probably hold off on future releases for awhile.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I never had any interest in Season 5, but the way Season 4 ended, eh, I'll give it a shot. At least it is the last season and the show would definitely be done

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
So we finally get Season 5? With Cleavant Derricks the only original cast member left I wonder if the show is even worth revisiting. I don't recall watching more than a couple of episodes of the show when it aired but I didn't stop watching specifically because it sucked (I gave up on cable around the time and unsubscribed). I don't really care that there are new characters, but what was the final season really like? Any entertainment value at all?

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Finally. Man this news is good, surprising but good. With all the time that has past I was just starting to accept that this would be one of those unfinished series on DVD. My wife especially loves this show, and it comes out on her birthday! So that's a nice treat. While the final season isn't as strong as the early ones overall, there were some fun shows and a couple of interesting stories, Rembrandt trying to rescue Wade, and even the final cliffhanger where Rembrandt injects the Kromag killing virus into his blood then slides by himself to be a weapon. Were the last 2 seasons as strong as the first, no, but still a fun ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks