What's new

When will the first Buffy S4 reviews come out? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
That's like 16.5 hours straight.

If I start at 4:30pm, I'd end at 11:00am. That's like almost a whole day. Okay, I'll watch it. But I wont enjoy it, especially since Season 4 has Riley in almost every episode. ;)

Chuck Parker

Agent
I managed to find mine on Sunday at a B&M who shall remain nameless. I got through a few episodes before having to take off for a week of business travel. So far, the quality's quite good, and the Joss, Marti, and Seth Green commentary on on "Wild At Heart" is a real hoot!

Season Four never quite got a fair shake, in my opinion, not the best, but certainly not at the bottom of the heap - heck, I even enjoy the much reviled "Beer Bad" (most certainly the "one crappy one" Joss mentions in his aspect ratio statement), if only for Willow's "how gullible do you think I am" scene with Parker.

I'm looking forward to getting on to the rest of the commentary tracks - particularly Jane Espenson on "Superstar" (one of my personal favorites) and Joss on "Restless" (if any episode begs for a commentary, this is it).

-Chuck

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Just got into the series watching repeats on FX so about to buy all 4 from Best Buy.(buy all 4 save $50)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
"Great Job mininoaters!" - Harmony

We can all be minions!

Seriously though, my set shipped already I think, so hopefully it'll show up by today...

KenKeith

Grip
I got my S4 set today but a few things are a little curious. In the past the DVD advertisement (extras, brief overview, etc) have been on a separate sheet stuck onto the back of the box. With Season 4 it has apparently become the back of the box. Not neccesarily bad since I usually just threw the paper inserts away, but it was strange. Just a word of warning before someone tries to rip the back of the slipcase off.

Also, the inside insert with episode summaries seems to have changed a bit. It not longer has the season overview/quotes that S1-S3 had, it only includes the summaries... nothing else. Additionally, I seem to have gotten a bad copy with many of the words washed out/badly printed.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is this the first time Giles has appeared on the front of a DVD?

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Is this the first time Giles has appeared on the front of a DVD?
Giles is on one of the DVDs? That's odd since he'd become somewhat of an outcast(along with Xander) among the Scoobies during Season 4. Then again, Spike had his own DVD for Season 3 despite appearing in only one episode.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I wish the back slip thing had been left as a slip thing. The other 3 were sort of used by me as a collector's thing...I was also angry to find this missing on the ANGEL season 1 set... :frowning:

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Giles is on one of the DVDs? That's odd since he'd become somewhat of an outcast(along with Xander) among the Scoobies during Season 4. Then again, Spike had his own DVD for Season 3 despite appearing in only one episode.
Well, the characters who appear on the DVDs tend to have absolutely no correlation with the season in question. Next thing you know, Andrew and Wood will appear on season 5 discs. Or maybe Warren.

KenKeith

Grip
I believe all of the seasons so far (sans S1 which was all Buffy) have had Buffy, Willow, Xander, and Spike. IIRC Angel, Oz, Giles, and Faith have each appeared once. I'd imagine the same 4 will probably be in each set (Buff, Will, Xand, Spike) with two rotating characters.

My predictions:
Dawn and Joyce would make sense for Season 5.
Tara and Anya for Season 6.
Faith and Andrew (hopefully instead of double the Spike) for Season 7. I'd even be happy for Wood if it means no potential slayers.

I think that covers most of the "good guys".

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Or maybe we'll get a different potential on each disc!
There aren't enough discs in the world.
"Only a handful of potentials survived" my ass. I'm convinced that was a rotating cast featuring every Fox's employee's daughter...

Ethan should have been on one of these discs, because he was in the same number of episodes as Spike was in S3 (one).

/rant

No, really, I'm very happy with this set. Only qualm so far is the fact that the sheet usually glued to the back is no printed on the back. Whats up with that?

I remember when the first pictures of the set's cover art was printed it was way too silver. Looks like at some point it got scaled back to a black base - the way it should be. I was glad to see it wasn't as silver as those first images.

JQ

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Okay... in this thread, there is mention of an insert with a statement by Joss Whedon on OAR.

Didn't get that.

There is also mention of an insert telling when S5 will be released.

Didn't get that.

I did get the episode guide insert and the buffy merchandise insert and the TV on DVD insert.

Anyone else get shorted on these inserts? It's no big deal... I know what the inserts say... but it makes you wonder what else you might be missing out on.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
All the inserts were present and correct on my version. BTW that Joss/Jane/Seth commentary is damn funny - they don't even have the audio to the episode they're watching so they truly are winging it! And Joss is even more self-deprecating than usual, if that's possible. Shame the picture is so 'smeary', but it's expected and I guess I'm just spoilt after wading through the glorious 16:9 PAL Angel season 2 box set in just a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks