What's new

when the heck is Six Feet Under season 2 coming out? (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
I did a search but didnt find any info on the matter.
When can we expect to find the second season on the shelfs?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
No solid info, but my guess would be sometime after the third season wraps, up to the 2002 Xmas Shopping Season.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Figure a year between releases of HBO shows.

It's that way for Sex And The City (every May for 4 years straight), and it's been approximately that way for The Sopranos:
* It was 12/12/00 for S1,
* 11/6/01 for S2,
* And then if I recall right the reason they moved S3 up to 8/27/02 was so they could get some publicity prior to the start of the airing of S4.

So figure February 2004 to get the second season of SFU.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
David, I'm still hoping the move that up a little to get potential Christmas Season dollars!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Doubt it. I don't think they associate sales of that type of item with Holiday buying. Sopranos, maybe, but not the others.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Just like with the first season, they'll use the release and the beginning of the next season to cross-promote one another. Probably the only way we'll see S2 before a year from now, is if the show isn't renewed for a 4th season (thus eliminating the cross promotion possibility).

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Never know. If it's cancelled, hurry up and release the remaining seasons while the fans of the show have the most interest. Wait too long and some may lose interest. Personnaly I think the show is great and hope it goes on for several more seasons.

Lowell_B

Second Unit
That is a question that I would definately like to know too. I'd really like to start seeing the next two seasons of the show out on DVD, considering HBO doesn't seem to be too fond on repeats.

Lowell

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
HBO usually release a season of a series each year (see: Sopranos, Oz, Sex and the City). Season 2 of SFU should be 12 months after Season 1 (which I think was March) - so next year sometime.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
It will be great when they finally release it. I only started getting HBO at the beginning of the third season, so I've seen all of Season 1 and all of Season 3. :)

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
I'm kinda more worried about HBO's plans with OZ. There are hardly any repeats on tv, and with the series now over, why don't they just release the sets faster?

Some members have hinted about low sales (which, given the subject matter, is understandable) and it would really suck if HBO doesn't finish the series on DVD.

Troy*H

Stunt Coordinator
That would really suck. I think it is or was the best series they have had(oz that is).

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
Yeah! I LOVE OZ! I really hope the continue to release them. Six Feet Under is also an absolute favourite of mine, but wish it was in Widescreen now that I have a widescreen set. I can't believe I'm actually saying that! But, why didn't they film it in widescreen to begin with?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Season 2 was not. At least it was shown in such a way as there were no black bars, which there were on Season 3.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Expect it around February 2004. HBO shows usually come out one set a year. It'll probably arrive in time to promote the beginning of SEASON 4

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks