What's new

When is the time for another calibration? (1 Viewer)

Chris_MJ

Agent
I had a professional calibration last September. I was wondering how long should I wait before I have someone in again to "touch up"?

David Abrams

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,

Generally I recommend about a year to my clients. The tubes will wear and drift as time goes by, they will never be as bad as before your first calibration, but they will not be accurate. This is just like tuning up a car every so many miles. I have customers that call me in every six months to insure that their displays are operating to the standards, but most of my clients wait about a year for their follow up.

Regards,

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Follow ups are usually fairly fast and no where as involved as the original work. Think of them as oil changes.

Brightness is usually the thing that changes the most over the first year or so. It is known to drop off by as much as 50% in some RPTV units.

Regards

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I had an ISF calibration on my RPTV about a year and a half ago. If my brightness hasn't really changed since then, does that mean I probably don't need an ISF touch up? My set is 3.5 yrs old now.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
I had mine re-calibrated after just about a year. I thought everything was perfect, and could not be improved upon. But this was to be a free-bee, so why not?

I was wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Grayscale had drifted a little, and convergence was off(I had been touching it up, but Kevin did a slightly ;) better job).

I swear it looks better than after the first calibration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks