When is Soprano's season four coming???

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by josh4040, Jul 23, 2003.

1. josh4040

josh4040 Second Unit

I did a search and didn't see anything about a release date for the 4th season. Season 3 came out last august so I figure we should be due for the 4th season! [​IMG]

2. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

If I remember correctly the DVDs are scheduled to be released about a month or two before each season of the show comes out.

So I don't think we'll see this set until December, or later. As Season 5 doesn't start until March 2004!?!

Personally, I don't even know if I'll be picking this season up. It was rather lack luster. Tho knowing me, I'll cave in and get it anyways, as there were some memorable episodes.

3. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

Well, if we believe amazon.com, then we should see Sopranos season 4 in early January 2010! [​IMG]

4. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

5. Paul_Stachniak

^^^ I just can't agree with that. The problem is, the structure of the show become one LONG 13 hour episode, as opposed to being episodic like Season One and Two. Also there is a large amount of plot that isn't not resolved or explained. It might be in 5, which is why I'm holding out. Well, IMO anyways.

6. Brent M

Brent M Producer

I have seasons 1-3 on DVD, but I definitely won't be picking up season 4 when it comes out. I taped all 13 episodes when they originally aired and I haven't even gone back to watch them--that's how bad I thought the season was. There were 2 really great episodes in season 4, but aside from those rare standouts the season was a tremendous disappointment. I think the show started to slide a little in season 3, but it was still a pretty good season overall whereas season 4 was just plain bad. This season featured the single worst episode of The Sopranos ever(I think it was episode 12) and several others that would rank in the Top 10. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the new 5th season recaptures the elements that made seasons 1 and 2 the best 2 seasons of TV ever.

7. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

Let's be honest though, even though season 4 wasn't as good as the others, it is still better than 90% of the rest of the junk on TV.

8. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

9. Lloyd White

Lloyd White Stunt Coordinator

Make that 99%. You can't name 5 shows that are better, and if you say Buffy the Vampire Slayer as one of those, you're proof that this world should end soon. [​IMG]

But I guess that's the mantra of an overzealous fanbase. So occupied with the paranoid delusion that their precious show is going to go downhill instead of just enjoying the show for what it is. Goes hand in hand with the outreagous expectations placed on a show of this quality. I do find it funny that some have the audacity to down this show when there is nothing on tv nowadays worth watching, ESPECIALLY in the drama category.

As far as I'm concerned, they can take their time to make the show right. I trust the creators to put out their absolute best and they have given me every indication that will happen. There's plenty of interesting plot threads still dangling. Maybe that's not interesting enough for some, who'd want the show to get into the nitty and gritty details of every 2 bit scheme and money making scam that the Sopranos are into, but maybe that's not what the creators want to focus on and I'm fine with that. I am looking for an on point world view from the show, but it's not a show heavily into politics so why down the show because it's not going to show something that I want to see? Of all the crap that's being produced nowadays, I'm glad there's a tv show out there that I can look forward to.

10. Seth--L

Seth--L Screenwriter

Exactly. The season still had a number of excellent episodes, such as the climax between Ralph and Johnny Sack.

11. Scott_F_S

Scott_F_S Second Unit

12. Craig: Mclaren

Craig: Mclaren Second Unit

Buffy and Angel are whats wrong with US television. The Sopranos, CSI, 24, The Shield etc are whats right with it. [​IMG]

I heard the R2 Season 4 boxset is hitting UK stores in October. I don't have any info about the R1 release.

13. Paul_Stachniak

14. Kevin_M_M

Kevin_M_M Stunt Coordinator

how the heck did a thread about sopranos season 4 become a flame buffy and angel thread?

i love the sopranos and, truthfully, it is the show i get most jazzed up about and hate waiting for the most every week its new. team it with alias, 24, the west wing, smallville, buffy and angel and i have a sweet week of television.

but buffy is still my favortie show. maybe its that i have a deeper emotional investment in the characters, i don't know, but i do know comparing buffy and the sopranos is a waste of time.

lets just say i'm eagerly anticipating sopranos season 4 just as much as buffy season 5.

15. Brent M

Brent M Producer

Lloyd,

If you have actually watched all 4 seasons of The Sopranos, there is no way you can honestly say the show hasn't gone downhill in seasons 3 and 4. The first 2 years were the most brilliant televison ever, but the show started to decline a little in season 3 and season 4 just plain sucked! There were 2 or 3 great episodes and the rest were weak(especially by Sopranos standards). Believe me, it's not paranoid delusion thinking the show has gone downhill recently and I'm hoping more than anybody that the show improves for season 5. As for there being nothing else on TV worth watching in the drama category, ever hear of a show called "24"? It's as good or better(arguably) than The Sopranos. For now, it is the "must see" show for me on TV, but I'll still be eagerly awaiting the premiere of The Sopranos' fifth season .......whenever that may be.

16. Paul_Stachniak

Seriously Lloyd: 24, CSI, Six Feet Under, Curb Your Enthusiasm, South Park, I could go on.

There are tons of television shows that were better then Season 4, or most of 3. Doesn't mean the show can't pick up again, South Park has a slump in season 3 and 4. But they're back on top now.

17. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

18. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    IMO, season 4 of The Sopranos is as good as the first season, and I know many people that agree with me. It was an excellent season. It hasn't lost any of its magic at all. It is consistently the BEST show on TV.

The point is, there are just as many season 4 lovers as there are haters. In the end, it's all subjective any way, so why get worked up over opinions, right?[​IMG]

Can't wait for S4 DVD's!

19. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    BTW, season 5 of The Sopranos debuts in March, 2004.

20. Paul_Stachniak