When Is/ Or How Come Spider-Man (1990s) Isn't on DVD in Season Sets?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jim Beaver, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

While I love it that you get the first seasons of 60s and 2003 versions of Spider-Man in Season form where is the 90s series? I love this show and is my favourite of all them, this is what introduced toi me current love of Spider-Man and I would love nothing more then to own all the seasons of one of my favourite cartoons.

But here is my dillema/question Should I get the episodes that are on DVD that I don't have on tape or should I wait for tjhe hopeful season sets? Most of the episodes

2. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

Right now, I'd say wait and see how satisfied Disney is with the sales on Gargoyles: season 1. I think that'll open up the door for them to put out other great cartoons that they have in season sets.

I love Spider-man: TAS, too. I have the first 2 best of sets. If season sets come, I'll be selling them. [​IMG]

3. Jim Beaver

Thanks Rob I'll probably do that then.

4. Beast

Beast Second Unit

The 1967 Spider-Man boxed set will probably give them a taste of how popular releasing season sets of 90's Spidey and X-Men would be as well. I heard Disney may have some issues with a couple of story arcs also. The punisher one in particular, due to the violence. Not sure about how true that news is, but given Disney I wouldn't put it past them. [​IMG]

5. Jim Beaver

What do you mean like Disney would edit the DVDs? I'd be so mad if they did that.

6. Beast

Beast Second Unit

No, they just won't release them. Of course that could all be bull. But with BV/Disney, who knows what's true and what's bologna. [​IMG]