When I'm feelin' Blu, all I have to do, is take a look at you, and see you're not so Blu./Blu rays t

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Louis Letizia, May 9, 2012.

1. Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia Supporting Actor

Finally got around to watching Patton-a personal favorite as it was the first movie i saw with my father.
    As noted before, the BluRay quality left alot to be desired. I also wa very disappointed in Escape From New York on BluRay.
    What others should one avoid that do not represent Bluray or the premium price well?

2. stevenHa

stevenHa Stunt Coordinator

I still am confused as to which available version is "best" right now. I remember asking Robert Harris which he would choose and he said the DVD, but if the onle problem with the blu ray is that it's a little waxy due to loss of some grain info, how would you decide between the improvement of color, sound, and visual detail of the the blu ray over the dvd (I'd be curious for Robert Harris's explanation too) ?

3. JoHud

JoHud Producer

Joe Hudak
    Patton is a notoriously poor blu-ray transfer. Also avoid the blu-ray of The Longest Day and the 2010 Predator blu-ray.

4. Louis Letizia

I also heard another favorite of mine- The French Connection is an abomination. The old dvd was loaded with extras so I feel no need to trade up.
    Fox seems to be on a losing streak. Very disappointing.

5. Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris Screenwriter

There is a new French Connection Blu, though (a Best Buy exclusive, at least for the time being), that has been received and reviewed much more positively.

6. Louis Letizia

Thanks. Havent heard of that-but I'd like to check it out. These 2 back to back Best Picture winners from Fox deserve much better.

7. Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg Screenwriter

Jonathan
    The new FRENCH CONNECTION Blu-ray is a winner. Buy with confidence. Best Buy has their Upgrade & Save promo going on now, so I would imagine with a U & S $5 off coupon, you could get the Blu for around $10.

8. Thomas T

Thomas T Cinematographer

Pardon me but um, shouldn't this post be directed to the blu ray section rather than the DVD section of the forum? Just askin'.

9. Jon Hertzberg

Jonathan
    Seems appropriate, Thomas. I think Louis is used to posting over here. I don't really see his famous lists in the Blu-ray section.

10. Louis Letizia

Would that not be "infamous" lists?
    Thank you Jon. and Thank you for the FC heads up. I would have never known except for this boars. It truly is amazing.

11. Jon Hertzberg

Jonathan
    I think you'll be extremely pleased with the new FC disc, Louis.

12. Louis Letizia

I'm sure I will...based on your reccomendation. Thanks. FC 1 was great but part 2 I felt was amazing as well