What's new

When does the NEW Sherwood prepro hit the Streets?? (1 Viewer)

Lance Dahl

Agent
I have been waiting for the new sherwood products to hit the streets specifically the amp and pre-pro. Does anyone know when they are to be released??
Thanks Lance

george king

Supporting Actor
I am sure Mr. Hipps will chime in, but I believe that they were going to be shown at CEDIA this month, and be released shortly thereafter.

Hope this helps.

Jeff Hipps

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to report that the P-958 and A-958 will not be available until about March of next year. (2003)

Ill be able to report more details as we get closer to the new year.

Jeff Hipps
Sherwood America

AustinKW

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,

That'll give you time to put in a digital link for hirez audio. Can't wait to see 'em.

Austin

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
If my 9080 combo is any indicator the new units will be worth the wait. We'd rather wait and have them done right than have a rush job.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Any update on the P-958? Anyone know if they were shown at CES? March is only a month away!

Sven_DP

Agent
There will be a P, R and A-965. Mr Hipps will surely be able to help you with availability, which I believe will be somewhere after the summer... Sven.

Jeff Hipps

Stunt Coordinator
Don't you just hate it when these old threads are resurrected?
Anyhow, our initial plan was to build a new pre/pro and main amp on the chassis of our AVP-9080 and AM-9080. But when we looked at today's connectivity requirements we realized that we couldn't put 2003 input/outputs on a pre/pro chassis designed in 1998. We didn't have enought real estate. So we scrapped plans to offer a P/A-958 and went ahead with the P/A-965's. They will be formally introduced at the 2003 CEDIA Expo in early September and should ship in October.
Greater detail is available. Drop me a line at: [email protected] and I'll forward a PDF doc.
Jeff

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Just stopped by the Sherwood site.
Still no sign of the new pre/pro.
Hard for me to believe the new Newcastle pre/pro, will have more "real estate", than the 9080's 6 1/8 x 17 3/8 x 15.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I saw something about it in one of the two just-out eqp directories: S&V or HT Mag. Says it has BM on the analog inputs. I'd be curious to hear more about that. Does it do an A-to-D conversion? Or analog BM?

Jeff Hipps

Stunt Coordinator
The Newcastle P-965 pre-pro (and the R-965 abd R-865 receivers) will have complete bass management on the 7.1 analog inputs. If the user selects Large speakers and Subwoofer yes, there is no A to D conversion of the signal. However more typical configurations using small speakers in any position will require A to D conversion and Bass Management will be handled by the Crystal CS-49400 DSP chip.

Crossover options are set globally. High pass is 2nd order. Low pass is 4th order. Turnover points can be selected by the user between 40 Hz and 120 Hz in 20 Hz increments.

Jeff

Jeff Hipps

Stunt Coordinator
All the DAC's are 24/192 from Burr Brown. We also include the digital re-mastering chip from Analog Devices so PCM is re-mastered to 192/24. The audiophile's I know tell me this is one of the few pre/pro's on the market that can actually improve the sound of their CD's.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks