What's new

When did "Jeopardy!" become "Jeopardy! for Dummies!" (1 Viewer)

Curt_Dennis

Stunt Coordinator
Alright guys, until one of you can prove your smarter than Trebeck, take the personal assults somewhere else. Trebeck is VERY intelligent, and I actually got to meet him once. He retains a high percentage of the facts on the show (I believe it was 70-80%). If you don't like his commentary, don't listen or fast forward like someone mentioned above, but don't question his intelligence. Buzzing in is a skill and a matter of knowing the exact moment that the buzzer becomes "live", and what's that got to do with him hosting the show? I'd be willing to bet serious money that he would score higher than anyone on this board if asked the same questions.

As far as Ken, the current champion, this guy is unbelievably smart. Is he the smartest Jeopardy champion, hard to say since the rules were just changed this year. But to have 13 wins is impressive no matter what. I've been told to try out for the show, but my fear is going up against someone like Ken that would make me look stupid.

Curt_Dennis

Stunt Coordinator
Alright guys, until one of you can prove your smarter than Trebeck, take the personal assults somewhere else. Trebeck is VERY intelligent, and I actually got to meet him once. He retains a high percentage of the facts on the show (I believe it was 70-80%). If you don't like his commentary, don't listen or fast forward like someone mentioned above, but don't question his intelligence. Buzzing in is a skill and a matter of knowing the exact moment that the buzzer becomes "live", and what's that got to do with him hosting the show? I'd be willing to bet serious money that he would score higher than anyone on this board if asked the same questions.

As far as Ken, the current champion, this guy is unbelievably smart. Is he the smartest Jeopardy champion, hard to say since the rules were just changed this year. But to have 13 wins is impressive no matter what. I've been told to try out for the show, but my fear is going up against someone like Ken that would make me look stupid.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Did anyone catch Trebeck make fun of Ken Jennings stutter in the middle of the game a few days ago? Ken started stuttering and Alex imitated him.

That was the last straw, trebeck officially drives me nuts.

Jennings is awesome though, the guy is a machine!

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Did anyone catch Trebeck make fun of Ken Jennings stutter in the middle of the game a few days ago? Ken started stuttering and Alex imitated him.

That was the last straw, trebeck officially drives me nuts.

Jennings is awesome though, the guy is a machine!

Lee Ford

Agent
Let's hope he can make it over the $500,000 mark (unless he already did, I missed today's). That would be quite a feat, even if the questions aren't quite as difficult as they were a few years ago. Just playing the game is hard enough, with buzzing in at the perfect time, knowing how much to wager in the Daily Doubles and Final Jeopardy, etc.

Lee Ford

Agent
Let's hope he can make it over the $500,000 mark (unless he already did, I missed today's). That would be quite a feat, even if the questions aren't quite as difficult as they were a few years ago. Just playing the game is hard enough, with buzzing in at the perfect time, knowing how much to wager in the Daily Doubles and Final Jeopardy, etc.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I never said Trebeck wasn't intelligent, that he's annoying. He too often interrupts the flow the game to make his inane comments, which is the main reason he pisses me off. But in my house, hating Trebeck is part of the fun of watching the show. We play along, answering the questions out loud, and I make disparaging remarks about Trebeck when he talks.

Ken is now a 14-day champ with somewhere around $470,000. Wow.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I never said Trebeck wasn't intelligent, that he's annoying. He too often interrupts the flow the game to make his inane comments, which is the main reason he pisses me off. But in my house, hating Trebeck is part of the fun of watching the show. We play along, answering the questions out loud, and I make disparaging remarks about Trebeck when he talks.

Ken is now a 14-day champ with somewhere around $470,000. Wow.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
At least yesterday, he got a challenge. Unfortunatly, the challenger butchered the final question. Course, I was close, but no cigar as well...

Jason

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
At least yesterday, he got a challenge. Unfortunatly, the challenger butchered the final question. Course, I was close, but no cigar as well...

Jason

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
"I'll take The Penis Mighty for $500"

"Thats The Pen Is Mighty"

You may think the jeaporady questions are easy.. but the entrance exam questions to be on the show are friggin hard.

But if I went on the show I'd quit my job the day before... just for a good intro:

"Our first contestant is Beth, a registered nurse from Akron Ohio, and we have Jim, a mechanical engineer for Lockheed-Martin, and finally Garrett, an unemployed college drop-out from a crappy town in upstate NY".

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
"I'll take The Penis Mighty for $500"

"Thats The Pen Is Mighty"

You may think the jeaporady questions are easy.. but the entrance exam questions to be on the show are friggin hard.

But if I went on the show I'd quit my job the day before... just for a good intro:

"Our first contestant is Beth, a registered nurse from Akron Ohio, and we have Jim, a mechanical engineer for Lockheed-Martin, and finally Garrett, an unemployed college drop-out from a crappy town in upstate NY".

Tim SJ

Auditioning
About Trebeck, I was watching one day and they had a guy on that did impersonations. Trebeck asked him to do one and the guy did one of Trebeck and said something like "I am not so smart, I have all the answers in front of me". Trebeck didn't look too pleased.

Tim SJ

Auditioning
About Trebeck, I was watching one day and they had a guy on that did impersonations. Trebeck asked him to do one and the guy did one of Trebeck and said something like "I am not so smart, I have all the answers in front of me". Trebeck didn't look too pleased.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i tivo the show as well. some of my random thoughts.
having tivo is nice cuz i can skip the player introductions - which drive me crazy. i could really care less about the players...i'm just trying to increase my useless trivia knowledge.
trebeck is a pretty smart guy. you can tell sometimes when they get an answer wrong, he'll say something like, no that belongs there but you were thinking this, etc. point is he *knows* what the right answer is. i don't think he's smug at all - i never picked up on that.
buzzer question. when exactly does the buzzer go live? it always seems like the "button-mashers" never get in. seems like timing is essential if you're gonna survive.
i like how they mix up the categories. my fave has to be "before & after" ... love those!
i probably nail about half the questions. if it's teen-tournament, i might get into the 70's. :)
the current guy is a killer. i sure wouldn't mind making half a million while answering trivia questions. i certainly don't begrudge his knowledge. he should be allowed to win as long as he can. :emoji_thumbsup:
betting stragegy question. what do you guys think is the best betting strategy during daily double / final jeopardy. i say you should be careful and not always go for max, but my buddy disagrees.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i tivo the show as well. some of my random thoughts.
having tivo is nice cuz i can skip the player introductions - which drive me crazy. i could really care less about the players...i'm just trying to increase my useless trivia knowledge.
trebeck is a pretty smart guy. you can tell sometimes when they get an answer wrong, he'll say something like, no that belongs there but you were thinking this, etc. point is he *knows* what the right answer is. i don't think he's smug at all - i never picked up on that.
buzzer question. when exactly does the buzzer go live? it always seems like the "button-mashers" never get in. seems like timing is essential if you're gonna survive.
i like how they mix up the categories. my fave has to be "before & after" ... love those!
i probably nail about half the questions. if it's teen-tournament, i might get into the 70's. :)
the current guy is a killer. i sure wouldn't mind making half a million while answering trivia questions. i certainly don't begrudge his knowledge. he should be allowed to win as long as he can. :emoji_thumbsup:
betting stragegy question. what do you guys think is the best betting strategy during daily double / final jeopardy. i say you should be careful and not always go for max, but my buddy disagrees.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
My God...I would watch a few minutes of Jeopardy if I saw it flipping chans, now I'm gonna add this to my RPTV to see it tomorrow.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
My God...I would watch a few minutes of Jeopardy if I saw it flipping chans, now I'm gonna add this to my RPTV to see it tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks