What's new

Wheels fall off the NJ Devils Wagon (1 Viewer)

RicP

Screenwriter
Ugh....
Lou Lamoriello fired the entire coaching staff of the Devils today. Hired ex-Penguins coach Kevin Constantine.
I'm not sure I like this move, but the players have been lazy sons of bitches this year that's for sure. Maybe they need someone to kick their ass.
Crazy that the 2 teams that went to the 2000 Finals both fired their coach this week and are both in disarray. :frowning:

Chris Medland

Auditioning
I beleive this seasons troubles should be blamed on Lou. How can you let Mogilny and his 40+ goals go, and not replace it? Take that many goals out of any line up, and it'll make a differece. Also, letting the Holik mess continue has divided the dressing room.

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
I haven't really followed hockey that much this year.
just tonight I was looking through the sports stats and stumbled across the NHL top scorers listing..
My jaw dropped when I seen the scoring leaders.
What a suprise that was. All of the high paid players seem to have disappeared off the score sheet this year.
However it was nice to see all of the new names up there as well as the younger up and comers who were high draft picks several years ago.
Go Caps Go!!:)
Go Oilers Go!:)
Go Pens Go!:)
and all of my other favorite teams out there..:):)

RicP

Screenwriter
Chris, I'm afraid I have to agree with you 100%. Lou should shoulder most of this blame for sure, but I guess he's not going to fire himself is he?
With the YankeeNets ownership essentially beholden to Lou to run the club, I don't expect them to do anything either.
I'll tell you what though...if they still don't make the playoffs, then something major needs to go down.

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Well I can only hope Martin Brodeur wakes up and starts winning games now if the team in front of him wakes up too. My hockey draft is in desparate need of some wins from Martin ...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Larry Robinson is an excellent coach. How do you fire someome who coached in the previous two Stanley Cup Finals? First Hitchcock, now Robinson. And to replace him with Constantine, who caused rifts with players in both San Jose and Pittsburgh? He falls under the category of "retread coach".

The NHL is the most fickle league when it comes to dumping coaches -- even worse than the NFL.

I'll tell you what though...if they still don't make the playoffs, then something major needs to go down.
Being a Montreal fan, I would actually like to see the Devils not make the playoffs. They are fighting the Habs for the final playoff spot right now. I pulled for New Jersey the past two seasons because ex-Hab Robinson was the coach, but that reason is now gone.

Russ Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Constantine's not a bad choice to instill that old Devils discipline. Though he's not a "player's coach," he'll do a lot to get them back to playing a system. Brodeur's GAA will go down fairly quickly.

As far as I can recall, the main player he clashed with in Pittsburgh was Jagr, and Jagr's not particularly coachable with anyone. On the whole, I'm glad to see Constantine get another shot.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
but the players have been lazy sons of bitches this year
Amen! Brodeur, Stevens, and Nedermeyer particularly.

Let's not kill Lou just yet. People thought he was nuts when he brought Robinson in but it did help kick the players in the ass and brought them a cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks