What's new

What's Your Last BR Purchase? (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Princess & the Frog (3-disc) -- yeah, I got kids

BTW, I finally got around to watching 3:10 to Yuma the other night, and that was excellent as well -- and the wife also liked it a lot.

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
La Femme Nikita -- actually, it's on its way from Amazon; couldn't resist the upgrade for just ~$10 (less whatever I can get for selling the DVD in a stoop sale)

_Man_

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
2012 and Firefly.
Pre-ordered Avatar, Minority Report and Apollo 13.

hampsteadbandit

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rob cole
Blade Runner

have fun, its an awesome movie on blu-ray....

the guy who bought HEAT on blu - have fun with that, its a wicked film!!

Firefly. - simply awesome - on Blu it truly comes alive - the first BLU I bought when I got my LG Blu-Ray player as I'm a huge fan of Firefly and Serenity

I just purchased the following 2 classics:

"North by Northwest: 50th anniversary edition" (which I admit I have never seen, but its been so highly rated...)

and "gone with the wind : 70th anniversary edition)" (which I also admit I have never seen, but its been so highly rated...)

and pre-ordered:

"Avatar"

"Saving Private Ryan"

I have both of these on SD-DVD, and have great expectations for the HD versions....

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by PaulDA

Of course the very idea of seeing it in anything less than a theater or a studio produced DVD or Blu-ray is more than a little vomit-worthy, but that's my humble opinion.

Heinz W

Second Unit
This is going to be an expensive week. There are four must-haves for me:

The African Queen
Days of Heaven
Toy Story
Toy Story 2

Throw in Fantastic Mr. Fox possibly as well.

hampsteadbandit

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rob cole
Of course the very idea of seeing it in anything less than a theater or a studio produced DVD or Blu-ray is more than a little vomit-worthy, but that's my humble opinion.

your opinion is 100% valid

I have already paid to see Avatar in the cinema theatre in both 3D and 2D (2 ticket sales there..) and pre-ordered the Blu-Ray / DVD combo set

but I must admit, yes I got it on DL because I am impatient and could not wait to see it again....

I am not condemning or condoning illegal DL's - its something that I may do from time to time, whilst a film is not available for home consumption through other means

but I am a movie lover and go to the theatre 1-2 times a week, and buy lots of Blu and DVD once available, so am putting my hard earned into the film business

I will also DL American TV shows like Caprica and Dollhouse simply because they are not yet available here unless subscribing to Sky TV, etc.

however, as soon as the DVD or Blu box set is released, I am first in the queue...

its something that is not considered when discussing the "illegal / piracy" situation - IF a product is legally available I will ALWAYS buy it, but due to the insane nature of the business here in the UK we often have to wait months, or a year or two, to get what we want to consume legally

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by hampsteadbandit

I have already paid to see Avatar in the cinema theatre in both 3D and 2D (2 ticket sales there..) and pre-ordered the Blu-Ray / DVD combo set

but I must admit, yes I got it on DL because I am impatient and could not wait to see it again....

I am not condemning or condoning illegal DL's - its something that I may do from time time whilst a film is not available through other means, but I am a movie lover and go to the theatre 1-2 times a week, and buy lots of Blu and DVD once available!
I wasn't referring to the morals of downloading, just the idea of watching AVATAR in anything less than the best possible way. I mean it's AVATAR!

My last BD purchase was Mean Girls.

$10 at Walmart. Of course every time I go in there and see a movie like Brokeback Mountain selling for $9.99 (not a sale price) when I got it for more than double annoys me.

Firefly is a my biggest Blu-ray purchase regret though. It's been on sale for as low as $30, but that's nowhere near what I paid for it....dammit.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by hampsteadbandit

I am not condemning or condoning illegal DL's - its something that I may do from time to time, whilst a film is not available for home consumption through other means

Rob, without directly addressing your points, let me remind you of Rule 4 of the HTF Rules:

5. Respect for copyrights. Home Theater Forum has a strict policy of respecting the rights of copyright holders. We do not allow discussion of bootleg material or where or how to obtain it, and we immediately delete all links to sites that deal in bootleg material. If you have any doubt whether a source is legitimate, please check with a moderator before posting any links. We also do not allow discussion of (a) how to make unauthorized copies of video or audio materials, (b) how to defeat any form of copy protection (including, for example, how to make "personal" copies of commercially produced DVDs), and/or (c) how to obtain equipment that can only be used for such purposes. In one form or another, this rule goes back to the very origins of HTF. We are serious about it, and it is not going to change. Please do not try to debate copyright law with us. We're not interested in discussing what the law should be. We believe it is in the best interest of HTF to enforce this policy strictly, and members test it at their peril.

Further comment is not required, and we expect that further references to unauthorized downloads will not appear in this thread (or elsewhere on the forum).

hampsteadbandit

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rob cole
thank you for the heads - up

point taken and understood 100%

my apologies for any problem this has caused to the forum

please delete / edit my post if necessary

thank you

rob

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Toy Story 1 & 2. Got both for the price of one. Friend of mine has no interest in Blu-ray, so I bought TS1, they bought TS2; they kept both DVDs and I kept both Blu-rays.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks