What's new

What's your Interconnects and Speaker wires? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
JOHN RYAN GARCIA
well im just curious! can you enumerate the interconnects and speaker wires youre using for your HT...any reason why you chose them above the rest of the competition? :)

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
This is what I have and use.
* Monster XP speaker wire.
* Monster Crimp-on Gold Pins on both ends of the XP
* 3x Monster Video 2: Receiver to TV, LaserDisk and DVD to receiver (right now only useing composite, damn tv doesnt have svideo)
* Monster Digital Optical Interconnect for DVD
* Monster Interlink 200 for Laserdisk Player
* AR Audio interconnect for my VCR to the Reciver(its only a vcr not to worried about the sound)
* All my Coax is from my cable company it is white and stiff as hell. :frowning: but I didnt buy any of it.
I bought monster mostly because I can get most monster stuff at a very good price better then busy buy prices.
Picked up AR interconnect the same time I replace my VCR last november when it craped out on me.
I will probably be replacing all my Monster XP speaker wire with Home Depot/Lowes 12ga wire this summer and use monster single and dual bananas for connectors. Singles on reciever side and duals on speaker side. (unless duals dont fit JBL S Series Speakers will find out tomorrow picked up a pack to test.)

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Homegrown Silver Lace IC's, and DH Labs Q-10 and T-14 speaker wire. Great value!

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Belden 1505A with Canare connectors for most of my interconnects, except from my prepro to power amp, which I use Catcables Silvercats. Speaker cable are generic 12/10/16awg speaker cable, depending on which speaker.

HankM

Second Unit
My system has,

MIT Terminator 2 Bi-wire mains

Audioquest Type 6 Bi-wire center

Monster Cable XP surrounds

MIT MI-330 Plus on SACD player

Harmonic Technology Pro-AC11 power cord on SACD player

Illuminations DV-75 digital coax for DVD-V audio playback

Bettercables Silver Serpent Component Cable DVD-V playback

Audioquest Coral for DVD-A playback

Rega 900 tonearm cable on Turntable

Mike Knapp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I use Better Cables Silver Serpent line interconnects on all my connections throughout my theater system and my 2 channel audio system.

I use some IXOS custom made speakers wires on the theater and Better Cables speaker wires on my two channel system.

I also use VansEvers aftermarket power cords on all my equipment that can use an IEC based cord.

Mike

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Acoustic Zen Silver Photon digital cable, 1.5M, for CDP and DVD.

Analysis Plus Oval 9 /Oval 12 shotgun biwire with WBT bananaa for mains, and single run of Oval 9 with WBT bananas for center.

Ixos 6003 braid for surrounds.

Bob Crump Asylum power cord for CDP and DVD. And a "Straight Jacket" Asylum power cord with ACME silver plated connectors for wall to line conditioner.

All reasonably priced cable with excellent cost/performance return. Nothing exotic here.

BOK

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Currently a mixture of Link Removed (Silver cats, Coppercats, bear cats etc for interconnects) along with some AR S-Video cables (soon to be Quad Cats) an some RS interconnects for less critical runs (VCR etc)

PaulKH

Second Unit
Loring - I have Monster XP, and I'm about to try some bigger 12 guage stuff instead. The XP is nice and flexible to route around, but I still wonder how much copper is really in it because there's a plastic center core of some kind.

David Judah

Screenwriter
Interconnects: Monster Reference 2 and IL-400.

Speaker wire: Monster Z2 for the front soundstage. Monster XP for the rears

I bought Monster because it is well constructed and I get it through a dealer accomodation.

DJ

Jeffrey_S

Stunt Coordinator
DIY interconnects based on the formula by J Risch. DIY Biwired braided Cat5 speaker cables as per formula by Chris VH. I have been extremely happy with these.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
O.K., here goes:
Main Stereo System
* Totem Arro speakers: two pairs of BetterCables Premium speaker cables with Vampire banana plug terminations (used in a biamped set-up)
* NAD C 370 integrated amp: Audioquest Diamondback interconnects as jumpers (i.e., between pre-out 1 and main in)
* Between NAD C 370 integrated amp and NAD C 270 power amp: Audioquest Diamondback interconnects
* Sony SCD-777ES SACD player, Sony SCD-C555ES SACD player (stereo analog outputs), and Technics DVD-A10 DVD-Audio player (stereo analog outputs): Audioquest Diamondback interconnects
* Ah! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CD player and Sony MDS-JA555ES minidisc deck: Monster M Series M350i interconnects
* Monster Interlink 400mkII interconnects elsewhere
Second Stereo System
* Energy e:XL 25 speakers: Monster XP wire with Radio Shack Gold Series banana plugs (plan to upgrade soon)
* Monster Interlink 400mkII and Radio Shack Gold Series interconnects (may upgrade some soon)
Home Theater System
* Energy e:XL 16 and e:XL-C2 speakers: Monster XP speaker wire
* Energy e:XL-S10 subwoofer: Monster M351 subwoofer cable
* Sony DVP-C670D DVD player: Audioquest coaxial digital cable
* Sony SCD-C555ES SACD player (5.1-channel outputs): Monster Interlink 400mkII interconnects
* Technics DVD-A10 DVD-Audio player (5.1-channel outputs): Radio Shack Gold Series interconnects
* Radio Shack 15-1952 A/V switch boxes for multi-channel SACD and DVD-Audio: Radio Shack Gold Series interconnects
Phew!

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Two Channel System:
Cardas Golden Reference for all interconnects, speaker wire, and power cords (and Cardas caps on unused RCA connections)
Monster Silver Video on DVD and TV connections.
Very happy with all of above..:)
Lee

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
OK, Ummmm...
AR S-vid from DVD
Home Depot 12ga ($0.47 / ft) for the 3 front (NHT 'Ones) and the sub (SVS). Bare wire term's.
IXOS Bronze sub IC
Rat Shack for everything else.
Like, $40 worth. Whoop!:emoji_thumbsup:

Tim Kilbride

Stunt Coordinator
I use all ProCo cable...

Preamp is QuadShield with Neutrik Pro RCA connectors

Postamp is 12/2 Ultraflex Pro Audio cable with MDP banana connectors.

All my cables are cut to length, each conductor is individually heat shrunk, and the jackets are heat shrunk down to the mdp's.

I made them all myself...

TK-

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Mismash.

Main L/C/R speakers: Best Buy 12G (some runs may be Radio Shack 12G - I lost track long ago).

Surround speakers: Spidergear WebWire 12G.

Interconnects and line level (pre/pro -> ICBM -> amp connection). depending on source, there's a combination of:

* Lots of AudioQuest turquoise wires.

* A couple of runs of Monster cables.

* A few AR audio runs from Best Buy.

* The 5 cables that came with my Sherwood Newcastle amp - they're nice!

* A while bunch of Radio Shack Gold series, mostly for unimportant runs like the VCR and Cassette Deck.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
Video Interconnects: Tributaries SCVC

Audio Interconnects: Nordost Red Dawn (Balanced) and Tara Labs Prism 11

Loudspeaker Cables: Nordost Red Dawn (Z-Spades)

Power Cords: Synergistic Research A/C Master Coupler

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
Kharma powercord to Classe HT processor

Kharma PC to EAR 864 preamp(2-ch.system)

Bob Crump recipe power cords(4) to:Aragon amps,Magnum Dynalab Tuner,Rel sub.

Straightwire Blue Thunder PC's to Richard Gray Power Company units(2) chained.

Interconnects: Transparent MusicLink super(RCA)Home theater,Custom Bybee XLR from EAR 864 to 2 channel Aragon amp.

Speaker wire: Harmonic Tech Melodyline 2-channel only.

Tributaries($4/ft) for 3-channel Aragon(HT)

My Rega P3 Turntable has been upgraded with Cardas cable that runs continuos from Koetsu cart. to RCA connectors thus eliminating the solder joints in the original cable.

Mark Rich

Second Unit
IC: Rhino cables subwoofer and digital

analog: Rhino, Monster and Nordost

Video: Rhino component

S-video: DIy and Monster 3

Speaker: nordost LCR

Monster surrounds

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks