What's new

What's your highest number for movies seen with an individual performer (1 Viewer)

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Mine's 47. I've got many, many actors and actresses for whom I'm trying to watch most of their memorable movies. The actor who is in the lead is Robert Mitchum (I guess my #1 favorite). TCM showed She Couldn't Say No (1954) this week for the first time in a long time, so I was able to increase my magic number for Mitchum. (I've watched just about every movie of his I could get my hands on).

So I've seen 47 Robert Mitchum films. What's your highest number for an actor/actress, and who is it?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
By the end of the year, it'll be Cary Grant. I'm watching all of his films now and trying to post about it as I do (the posts are a little behind the viewing) but he made 72 features in his career and I've watched probably 40-45 by now.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
By the end of the year, it'll be Cary Grant. I'm watching all of his films now and trying to post about it as I do (the posts are a little behind the viewing) but he made 72 features in his career and I've watched probably 40-45 by now.

I'll see almost all of his movies one day. I just counted 10 that I've seen. That's not including a few I saw years ago as a much younger man, and can barely remember.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
51 - John Wayne
that's the number of films in my collection, I'm not sure if there are films NOT in my collection that I know.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I've seen 96 John Wayne films, some of them he had bit parts or were shorter westerns he made in the 1930's.

That's a goal of mine. But I'm limiting it to Stagecoach and after for the time being. I'm at 29 on John Wayne, with a long way to go. I've still got about 20 solid, can't miss, anyone-would-recommend movies of his to watch (maybe more).

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
My magic number for Robert Mitchum is about to increase -- FXM played Man in the Middle (1963) the other night commercial-free, and I DVR'd it.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I'm going to say Clint Eastwood, I've seen about 44 of his movies and that includes his brief appearances in Tarantula and Revenge of the Creature.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
There are 107 movies in my collection starring, co-starring or guest-starring John Wayne, about 70 of them westerns, and I've watched most of them.

64 films with Christopher Lee and 49 with Peter Cushing.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I increased my "Mitchum Number" by three over the past two weeks, thanks to TCM showings of Rampage (1963), Man in the Middle (1964) aka The Winston Affair, and The Big Steal (1949).

If my count is correct, I have seen 50 Robert Mitchum movies, and that should be my personal high for any performer.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Of the 764 films in my disc collection,

1- John Wayne (37)
2- Clint Eastwood (23)
3- Sean Connery (18)
4- Harrison Ford and Basil Rathbone (17)
5- Errol Flynn (13)

In terms of films I've seen (regardless of whether I own the film on disc), I'm sure John Wayne films would number in the 80s, with Errol Flynn (who is so sadly under-represented on BD) in the 30's.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Mitchum Number at 51 -- TCM showed Desire Me (1947) last week. Visually interesting, as it was shot in a shore town with many shots of the outdoor scenery, as well as a showdown obscured by fog. Yet another early Mitchum film where the better role went to some paper hat while on of the all time greats got less screen time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks