What's new

What's your favorite Super Bowl ad? (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I thought the Doritos commercial with the mouse crashing through the wall and beating on the guy, was hilarious.

Also, the SoBe Life Water with the dancing lizards to Thriller.

I also like the floats with Charlie Brown, Underdog, and Stewie. Looks like Charlie Brown finally won this time.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> The ads this year looks lame so far.

That sums it up. Too many of them looked like they were going for a clever or creative award rather than selling the product.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I actually got a chuckle from the ad for the movie "Drillbit Taylor". Hats off to Planters for their hilarious ad:)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
I didn't see a frame of the Super Bowl but am always curious about the commercials.

Just saw that one of you mentioned a Wall-E commercial so I went and saw it on the official site.

Damn Pixar just amazes me. How much life they give a box with treads. I see that stuff and I am reminded why I love animation so much and why I'm working towards a BA in it for school.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was really disappointed with this year's crop, too.

Highlights for me were: Wall-E and the FedEx/Carrier Pigeon ad.

This would have been an easy year for someone to stand head-and-shoulders above the crowd with an especially clever spot.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I thought the ads last year were far worse than this year.

The E*Trade baby ads made me laugh the most. Very funny. And the baby's expressions were so perfectly mated to the dialog.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I loved the E-Trade baby ads. Having a young son in the house I'm not too far removed from random baby puke.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Agree that most of the commercials were lame and/or forgettable. The one I really liked was the Charles Barkley/Dwyane Wade conclusion.

That's the only way that saga could end. [not that I really think this is the end of it]

"I don't want to look fat in high-definition. That's what HD stands for. You did know that, didn't you?"

"You like popsicles?"

"Ever been to Amsterdam?"

"I need to hang out with you because I'm really bored..."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks