What's wrong with DVD Empire

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Randy_M, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Randy_M

Randy_M Supporting Actor

Randy Margolis
    Anyone know why Empire is a week behind for future titles? Two examples:

1. They have Ed Wood streeting 2/10 (Amazon says 2/3)

2. They say Postman Always Rings Twice (1946) streets 1/13, and it really comes out on 1/6

Hopefully this type of thing doesn't indicate their impending demise, as I always have ordered my catalog titles from them (the ones that the local B&M stores will almost assuredly not have)...

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

My 7 year experience with them has shown that:

A: You shouldn't get more than 1 source for a release date!
    B: Are you 100% sure that your other source is correct?
    C: Are you 100% sure that DVD Empire is wrong?

Sorry for the attitude, but I have seen them both right and wrong on new release dates. With some I have searched out half-a-dozen different sites on 1 title, and have had Empire the only place with a release date of 1 week later than everyone else, only to have the other sites 'suddenly' make their corrections when it doesn't come out as they said.

On the other hand, I once emailed them to let them know that a title they had coming out was 2 weeks before the actual release date. Empire lost in this case.

Glenn

3. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Well it's well known that 1/6 is indeed the release date for Postman Always Rings Twice.

4. Randy_M

Randy_M Supporting Actor

Randy Margolis
    Interesting that today (Monday) they have changed the release dates on each of the titles I mentioned to one week earlier than they previously had listed.