What's new

What's the word on Lost Highway? (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
DVD Empire has this up for pre-order for 3/5 shipping.

$29.95 retail price.

no mention of features yet

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
DVDFile.com has a little clarification on LH.
Apparently, that titles listed on DVDEmpire.com was a planned release of a fullframe Canadian version here in the US.
USA Films nixed that idea and says they have plans for a fall release.
Maybe I can retire my sig soon. I'll need to whip up a version for Wild At Heart.
Hello?
It is now 05:59 PM your time.
No, it isn't. Its actually 12:59 pm.

Lawrence Davis

Stunt Coordinator
The saga continues...

Hopefully the transfer will be worth the wait. Assuming it really does get released. I look forward to an official announcement.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
One thing I could add - the UK got a version of Lost Highway a week or two ago. It has a passable anamorphic transfer, but only 2.0 audio. It's a budget disc (by UK standards) and doesn't have anything more than the trailer to support it.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Since USA Films was sold to Universal, any catalog plans are probably up in the air.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I've got the German disc, and the English track isn't properly synced-up to the picture, and I'm not the only person to report this problem.

I've heard reports that later pressings of the disc may have solved this problem, but personally I'm more inclined to believe that some people are less sensitive to this problem than others.

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
I've got the German disc too and it's out of synch and sounds dreadful!

JulianK - overall (at this moment in time) would you rate the UK version over the German? (I believe the UK version is the same as the Australian release??)

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I'd not heartily recommend either the German or UK versions. Eventually there'll be a US release, and I would hope that there's enough consumer pressure from fans, and a big enough potential market, to ensure that it gets the treatment it deserves.

If you forced me to pick, I'd go for the (2.0) UK version, but only because I find lipsync problems incredibly distracting!

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I didn't notice a lip sync problem and I'm pretty sensitive to that. I bought it about 4-6 months ago, came in a super-jewel case.

Sam Owens

Stunt Coordinator
The R2UK and R4 versions are not the same I don't think. The R2UK is barebones, while there's about 40 mins of extras on the R4. I picked my R4 up for $A19.95 ($US11.50) at my local Sanity (normally rip-off merchants). Try Link Removed or Link Removed for good prices.

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
FYI, while I've never seen this film, I did just buy the Japanese laserdisc from Playback Trading (www.playbacktrading.com). It was $25.00, which is a great price. Beautiful packaging - high quality Japanese gatefold jacket. From what I hear, the transfer is pretty good (it's OAR). There's also a few trailers included as well.
I'm fairly certain they have a few copies left. According to their on-line store it is still in-stock.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Did Universal buy USA films? If so, should we be expecting an eventual release from them?

Impatiently waiting...

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
in australia here - just rented the r4 version. The picture quality varies between quite good and lousy VHS quality. Soundtrack is DD2.0 i believe. Also, as someone mentioned there are 40 mins of behind the scenes footage, broken up into 4 sections. for further info you may wanna go to www.michaeldvd.com.au and search for the full review...

likestowatch

Stunt Coordinator
in australia here - just rented the r4 version. The picture quality varies between quite good and lousy VHS quality. Soundtrack is DD2.0 i believe. Also, as someone mentioned there are 40 mins of behind the scenes footage, broken up into 4 sections. for further info you may wanna go to www.michaeldvd.com.au and search for the full review...
Just want to add that Lawrence Davis returned an email to me saying he thought the autralian DVD looked like the UK version. Mr Davis had posted on the first page of this thread and has bought most of the different LH DVDs.

Ash Atchison

Agent
Lord, how time flies.

Anyway, according to dugpa, Universal is looking for a first half 2004 release for this long overdue film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks