What's new

What's the weirdest food combo you (or someone you know) eat? (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
There's been a bit of a mayo trend in Chinese/Japanese cuisine. I like mayo, but when it replaced the usual glaze on Chinese Honey Walnut Shrimp it was a travesty.

My dad used to make Miracle Whip and grape jelly sandwiches.

He also likes to drink straight pickle juice.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

I must admit that everything mentioned in this thread sounds absolutely disgusting. I eat very basic things and never mix and match foods. However Holadem made me think about the two things that I do that I notice people find unusual. I put either thousand island salad dressing or butter on almost all red or white meat that I eat. I don't mean a little dab of butter either. I like a dime size of cold butter with each bite that I take. This means that when I eat at home I usual set a tub of butter in front of me or just scoop out about two tablespoons onto my plate.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I regularly eat cereal with milk and coffee.

Deeeelicious!;)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

That reminds me, my mom likes to take a pack of saltine crackers (three crackers), crush them, and add them to a latte, as if it were cereal. She says it's the best snack in the world.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
When my mom was pregnant with me, she had pistachio ice cream with pickles. Maybe that's why I hate pickles. :)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Jelly with scrambled eggs is one of my father's favorites. He also likes a mix of honey, ketchup, and mustard with fries. I with those who don't believe mixing sweets with meats (can't stand honeyed ham) or salted items with very rare exceptions (certain Oriental dishes).

One of the few items I have eaten that makes some question my sanity is salsa on fries, mmmh.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
My whole step family uses ketchup on everything. The most common is mac&cheese though. I know this is pretty popular to do, but I still think that it is strange. Ketchup and Mac&Cheese,....nasty.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Mac & Cheese with Stewed Tomatoes is very common, so I guess I can see the ketchup alternative as a cheap substitute...but yeah, it sounds gross.

My brother mixes mustard into his mashed potatoes until they're all yellow. Not very gross, but it's not so appetizing to me.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I can tell you a soft, white bread chocolate bar sandwich is better that one would imagine. Haven't had one in many years, though.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Me too again. A-1, Baco Bits, and a little butter on a baked potato is good stuff. Maybe a bit of cheese? Yum.

The cheetos/PB&J sounds pretty good.

johnADA

Stunt Coordinator
My wife thinks I'm nut, but I tell her its getting mixed in my throat and stomach, so whats the big deal.
Salt on melons
Fluff as a dip for chips
Peanut butter and onions or anything else around
Any sandwich taken to work along with any chips, cheese puffs etc added on the sandwich

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
My dad use to get a glass of buttermilk and crumble crackers and bread in it. Stir and eat with spoon.
Me,i love my spuds and onions and hotdogs cut up and in a frypan until brown. Served with cats up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks