What's new

What's the next Sid & Marty Krofft release? (1 Viewer)

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Rhino has done an awesome job of their releases so far. The DVD's look nice. They are single sided picture discs. They have great extras. I'm anxious for the next release.

What is the next Sid & Marty Krofft show? What does everyone want to see next from them?

I guess the last one was "The Bugaloos: The Complete Series."

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Wasn't there some program call the Kroft Superstar Show which featured the Bay City Rollers? Remember them?

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
Yeah - I have fond memories of the Krofft Supershow. WonderBug, Dr. Shrinker, ElectraWoman and DynaGirl. Good stuff!

Mick Tees

Second Unit
There were so many great single season shows that were SUPER corny but you look back at them now and there is nothing to compare them with...

I kind of feel bad for today's kids. There's nothing like Sid & Marty Krofft on TV today.

FrankPitt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frank
Now that the complete series of The Bugaloos has been released, the Krofft show at the top of my want list has to be a complete run of Dr. Shrinker!

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy

Yeah, (sigh) They were just made to be fun and not to be a hard sell. They don't even have "saturday morning" anymore it's just all news and sport shows now. And too now kids have so much and treat their parents like they're nothing.

But at least we can at least have a bowl of cereal and pop
in a dvd and go back to those days for a while.
Thanks to companies like BCI and Rhino.

My favorite was "ElectraWoman and DynaGirl". And I wonder if the stars would be interested in adding audio commentary for the episodes. I have been disappointed that when Diedre Hall wrote her autobiography and then later played herself in a TV movie about her life, she never mentioned this series, which certainly would have made both projects more fun. This show doesn't seem very far acting-wise from her role on "Days of Our Lives", which was complete with amnesia, comas and even an evil twin (which would make for a good DVD highlights release in itself). Sidekick Judy Strangis, related to "Batman" executive Sam Strangis and having also appeared in that series, reportedly gave up acting after an encounter with a stalker because of her DynaGirl role, but she has done interviews about the show. Another possible extra would be for them to actually release the remake series pilot they made a few years ago with Markie Post as ElectraWoman. I don't know if it's ever been accessible to the viewing public, but I'm very curious about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks