What's new

What's the most unanswerable question you had as a kid? Pure silliness only! (1 Viewer)

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
I had a strange childhood flash a little while ago that recalled an odd question I had as a child to which my Mother's eyeballs most certainly spun like a slot machine.

Looking back, what is the silliest, oddball, for all intents and purposes unanswerable question you had as a kid? I am not talking about meaning of life stuff.
Pure silliness only.
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Mine: Why does the Robinson family on the Jupiter II all get to go to sleep at night when they're in space but the Enterprise always has someone steering the ship? (Please...no "because it's just a show" thread craps.) Just having fun.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Being on a junior youth fellowship church (Methodist) outing to the Amish country in Pennsylvania and visiting the town of Intercourse, PA and picking up the newspaper, "Intercourse News" and asking all the chaperons what on earth was so funny about the newspaper??? :laugh: I never got a straight answer...

Jay

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The question that left my younger syblings horrified:

"Gargamel keeps catching the smurfs but they always escape before his pot warms up to through them in. Why doesn't he just flash fry one or two fast, and make the rest cold cuts?"

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I once asked a teacher in elementary school "if our knees bent the other way, what would our desks look like?" I don't remember if I ever got an answer.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
"I'm four years old. How old were you when you were a kid?" - My Daughter

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Yikes people...lighten up. I'm assuming Jon intended a ;) after his post. And if not...no need to overreact and send the thread down that path.

Here's another.
Could God microwave a burrito so hot that he, himself couldn not eat it? Wait...that wasn't me...that was Homer J.:D

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
do snakes have long tails or long necks? (borrowed from my brother in law)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Our son is significantly autistic. On some days, he's a really great kid, other days not so much.

But he's incredibly bright, ahead of his peers in math, science, and reading skills by grade levels.. but on the social front, he's way behind, and he has "issues" with language and the kinds of questions are appropriate for a second grader to ask.

So, during a second grade class, after recess, kids go to the bathroom, and he comes back into the classroom, raises his hand and says "my penis has a cover; xyz student doesn't, is that why mine is bigger?"

The entire class SPINS and his paraprofessional almost chokes on the milk she's drinking.

I hear about this yesterday, and outside of hearing about the normal issue he has with cursing, I have to admit, as a teacher, this is the kind of question I would dread. :)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I walked up to my father (I think I was 3) and said with absolutely no reservation "is eff a bad word?"

My father said "Yes, eff is a very bad word you should not say that. Who taught you that word?" to which I responded immediately and enthusiastically:

"Michael did!". Referring to my older brother Michael.

Another older brother John was the one who really had taught me the word!

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
I'm not clear. Are you saying you had heard someone actually replacing f*ck with "eff" in conversation (I.e. "get the eff out of my way) and wanted to know literally if "eff" was the bad word? For a period of time my oldest brother took to using the phrase "mother flower". Funny how we think we're fooling anyone.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
" Why are people in England lactose intolerant?" - asked by a 6 year old whose British friends are lactose intolerant.

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Similar tangent:

My son once asked at the grocery store why brown chicken eggs are brown.

"Because they come from 'chickens of color'," I replied.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I was an early and voracious reader. I remember sometime around the age of 8 reading an article in a magazine that mentionned Lesbians. Having no idea what a lesbian was I asked my dad where the country of Lesbia was.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
When our oldest son was in kindergarten, my wife and I went to our first meet the teachers night. We met his kindergarten teacher and she tells us the gym teacher wants to talk to us. My wife and I are thinking, what could this be about? So we go find his gym teacher and the teacher explains that she had the kids all get mats, she explained the exercises she wanted the kids to do and asked the kids if they had any questions. My son raises his hand and asks her where the exit sign tells you to go. She's telling us this like there was something horribly wrong with him asking about the exit sign. We think he's just being inquisitive. My son is now a PhD student in Molecular and Cellular Biology, ha ha.

DaveMcS

Second Unit
I asked my second grade teacher how to spell pnemonia..and she told me to go look it up in the dictionary. Even then the logic of the statement baffled me..If I dont know how to spell it..how can I look it up-especially with a word beginning with a silent P

Users who are viewing this thread