What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
In Living Color: Season 1

I must say I am disappointed in Season 1... There were maybe about 3 skits in 9 episodes that I enjoyed... Maybe Season 1 is just not a stong season... I hope this is the case...

I liked this show when it was out... I hope time has not erased the fun of it...

I will still get Season 2... This is when the Firemarshall Bill, Michael Jackson, etc. skits start to appear... Hopefully, it will still be enjoyable like years ago...

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Charlie's Angels S2 was my last purchase. It is still in the shrinkwrap and probably will stay that way for a while since the hockey playoffs are on and I ordered Dishnetwork's MLB package.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I just made an order through DDD....

Friends: The Series Fanale ($9.00)

Friends Are Forever on DVD! Remember forever how the #1 Comedy in America ends with this "Limited Exclusive Edition" DVD. Releasing only 5 days after the series finale airs, the broadcast version of the 2-part episode will only be available on this DVD. This DVD will also include the Series pilot and the DVD version of the finale with additional never before seen footage, along with several other bonus features.

Classic Commercials (TV Commercials from the 50's thru the 70's)($7.80)

There are over 200 commercials here. Highlights include: an S.O.S. "opera" ad on the Garry Moore show, a live demonstration of a Westinghouse refrigerator where the hostess can't get the door open "somebody's playing games," Arthur Godfrey's frank advertisement for Lipton chicken noodle cup of soup on the Talent Scouts show "there's chicken, you won't find it but it's there," a surprising sing-along public service announcement for V.D., the Flintstone's advertising Winston cigarettes (imagine cartoon characters doing that today!), the cute Quisp cereal guy plus Frankenberry, Boo-berry, and Count Chocula, commercial legends Mr. Whipple ("please, don't squeeze the Charmin") and Rosie ("Bounty: the Quick picker upper"), the famous crying Indian for a pollution public service announcement, and a bizarre slogan for Crest toothpaste ("I only got one cavity!"--I guess Crest wanted to leave a little room for error).

Some of the best celebrity spots include the Monkees for Kool-Aid in 1969 after Peter Tork left the band (either Instant Replay or Monkees Present era), the 5th Dimension for Jell-O, the Three Stooges for Simoniz, Andy Griffith and Don Knotts for Post Grapenuts, Lucy and Desi for Philip Morris ("Call for Philip Morriiiis"), Chico and Harpo Marx for Prom home perm (they must have really needed the money, maybe for Chico's gambling debts), Buster Keaton for Hamm's beer, Gale Sayers and Tom Seaver for Phillips 66, Jimmy Durante for Scotties tissues, Dinah Shore for the upcoming '59 Chevy--the list goes on.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Thanks to some rainchecks (with alternate discounts) at Target, I just made a major run..

Alias S1 & S2

South Park S3

In Living Color S1

Freaks & Geeks

from an incredible buy 1 for $9.95, get 1 free deal with the new Columbia House DVD Club (TV Division)..

Babylon 5 S1 & S2

and my latest 'load' from Amazon.uk

The Brittas Empire S2 & S3

A Very Pecular Practice S1

Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps S1 & S2

Survivors S1

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Beast Wars: Transformers - The Complete Second Season
What's Happening!! - The Complete First Season

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks