What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Well, yesterday it was Trek (and Hulk), now today they have Mission Impossible the series for $135 (incl tax). I've got it in the cart with my finger over the Place Order button. Damn this time of year. Just damn... :(

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Radioman970 said:
Trek TOS. Blu ray.
The Incredible Hulk TV series (noticed a price jump on this so I grabbed one from the amazon marketplace)
Trek has been awesome enhanced. I'm lovin it that way.

But Hulk showed up today. It was supposed to be new but some of the dvds have fingerprints. I'm getting real tired of all the ripoffs in amazon's marketplace. I'll deal with this and reorder (hopefully before there is any change in price) :(

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Various online sales; completed two series and have temporarily caught up with two others:

BREAKING BAD: Final Season (Blu)
NIGHT COURT: Season 9
BOARDWALK EMPIRE: Season 1 (Blu)
BOARDWALK EMPIRE: Season 2 (Blu)
BOARDWALK EMPIRE: Season 3 (Blu)
JUSTIFIED: Season 1 (Blu)
JUSTIFIED: Season 2 (Blu)
JUSTIFIED: Season 3 (Blu)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Radioman970 said:
But Hulk showed up today. It was supposed to be new but some of the dvds have fingerprints. I'm getting real tired of all the ripoffs in amazon's marketplace. I'll deal with this and reorder (hopefully before there is any change in price) :(
This seller is wanting to argue with me. Says I messed up his Thanksgiving for complaining. I told him the police would love that giant fingerprint on one of the dvds if it was evidence from a crime scene. lol Basically, he doesn't want to refund me all the shipping involved with shipping to me then back to him. I'll tel ya... after that Dark Shadows things months back, he'd better! I'm finished settling for messed up product from these sellers.

At least I was able to watch the Hulk Pilot movie. Was sure good.. great show. I'll be happy when the smoke clears on this.

Gene M

Stunt Coordinator
Just Ordered Fat Albert & The Cosby Kids The complete series cost $35.99 I just made it barely from Amazon deal of the day you got few short hours before it's all sold out. It was 96% claimed I got before it was 100% claimed and sold out!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The Black Friday haul is starting to come in. Today brought:

Frozen Planet - David Attenborough narrated version (in a very nice lenticular sleeve)
Big Bang Theory - S6
Community - S4
Hopalong Cassidy - The Complete Television Series

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I just ordered Yancy Derringer and Riverboat from The Big River (They are currently among their "Lightning Deals", :laugh: "Git em while the Gittin's Good!" :rolling-smiley: ), along with the Movie Mysterious Island and the Serial Mandrake the Magician. These are the first of several programs that are "Presents from Me to Myself" and will not be opened until December 25. :biggrin:

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
Walking Dead - Season Three
2 Broke Girls - Season Two
American Horror Story - Asylum
The Middle - Season Three
New Girl - Second Season
Bates Motel - Season One
Parks & Recreation - Season 5
Mike & Molly - Season 3
The Office - Season Nine

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
My wallet is like an old green party balloon, deflated, laying on the sidewalk where the children had a party but now there are no children there anymore because the birthday is over. :(

Simpsons S1-10
My Name is Earl complete series. Final season on blu!
Buffy the Vamp Slayer S3-7
Angel complete series
It's always sunny in Philly up to S7... some on blu
24 complete series
Futurama vol 4,5,6,7 - plus 2 movies on blu
Family Guy vol 8,9,10 - 2 movies on blu
4 Goosebumps volumes
Millennium complete series
Lone Gunman complete series

Still no word from foxconnect. Nothing shipped. They charged me for my second order but not the first. Odd... hope they aren't another deepdiscount.com. Charging orders way before shipping isn't good. I spent too much, so I wouldn't mind if they shipped stuff early next year... but don't charge me until then!!

My Hulk seller refunded me 40%. Got it for $28. All the discs tested good with diskchecker. Hard to complain about that. Hopefully Hulk will hit blu ray and I'll rebuy it. Was always a fav and it's held up wonderfully! One of those shows that was out I was worried about not owning yet. Quantum Leap, Red Green, 6M dollar man, are 3 more from my loooong list I need to get asap.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The last of the BF week haul arrived this week:

In Search Of... - The Complete Series
The Mary Tyler Moore Show - S3, S4, S5, S6, S7 (another complete!)
The X-Files - S4, S5
Stargate SG1 - S1, S2 (The WM copy I picked up a month or so ago is going back as both of these were only $2 more)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
My foxconnect orders did arrive. Not a bad experience at all. I think 2 different things had a disc loose. But they should work fine. Best deals for me all year pretty much.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^I was starting to be a bit concerned about my foxconnect order when they arrived (most of my previous post). That was a *great* sale! Hopefully they'll do it again once finances recover from the DVD buying season. :)

Went to WM today to do a few returns and stumbled across:

The Rockford Files - S6 for $9.96

They also had a free-standing cardboard display in an isle which has some good deals on HBO series on DVD (no BR or combo that I saw): Game of Thrones (S1 - $19.96), Rome (S1 & S2 - $14.96), Deadwood (S1, S2, S3 - $14.96), and a few others. These all have a "bonus" DVD of previews of other HBO series (like anyone would purchase them for that disk).

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
@Bob. I was concerned as well. Too many that I'd been wanting for a long long time. I don't remember that last time I saw a Simpsons episode. To suddenly have the first 10 seasons... just Merry christmas! :cheers:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Since it looks like CBS will never do a proper S1 release and Amazon dropped the price to a reasonable point again I finally picked up:
The Beverly Hillbillies - Ultimate Collection V1
The Beverly Hillbillies - Ultimate Collection V2

and Universal is re-releasing Leave it to Beaver S1 & S2 on SS disks! That means I'm finally able to replace my defective DVD18 sets!!! I went to Target a few days ago and found on sale (before release date no less):
Leave it to Beaver - S1 (re-release 6 disc version)

And another Amazon blind buy purchase:
Space Rangers - The Complete Series

And still more (other sources):
Scrubs - S4
Xena: Warrior Princess - S1 (Universal release to replace my original defective AB set)
Xena: Warrior Princess - S3

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks