What's new

Directors What's the last movie that really grabbed you? (1 Viewer)

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
Great thread topic.
In reverse order:
Fight Club: Sometimes I feel like Tyler, mostly, I feel like Jack. Great movie that I missed in the theater. I was mislead by the advertising. Too bad. It is a GREAT DVD.

Donnie Darko: What can I say? It spoke to me somehow.

(Let's go to the Wayback machine Sherman.)
The Matrix: I was 33 when I first saw it in theaters. By that time I had read enough Joeseph Campbell and seen enough movies that I found it hard to get surprised by a movies plot twists. I will always savor the opening scene where Trinity does her super jump and then disappears from the phone booth. My reaction was one of plesant confusion. I had no idea where the movie would take me, but I really enjoyed the ride. In many ways, Fight Club and Donnie Darko did the same thing.

Mark Ram

Agent
I was recently blown away by The Thin Man. Damn, that movie just had me reeling by the furious pace and quick witted dialogue. The movie seems just as fresh as any movie I've seen in a long time. I'm pretty excited about the release this summer of the whole collection. I'll be buying the whole set.

PeterK

Supporting Actor
Oh ya. How could I forget about good will hunting. great movie. One of my absolute favourites. I watch it atleast 4 times a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks