What's new

Whats the easiest way to find out what LD's I have are not on DVD ?? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I am going to be selling most of my Laserdiscs but I'm going to keep my player and also keep the LD's which are not on DVD and sell them last. Just wondering, should I just search using Jeff's LD finder or is there a better/easier way to determine what LD's I have that aren't on DVD yet?

greg_t

Screenwriter
You can also go to the Internet movie database and type in the titles you want and it will let you know which are not available on dvd.

jacob w k

Stunt Coordinator
You could also try checking on a program like DVD Profiler to see if the title is there.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
You should not be too quick to sell your Laser Player. I doubt that every LD that you have will appear on DVD.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I agree with Jeff, I would not sale your laserdisc player. And I would keep every movie that looks and sounds great. I have kept my laserdisc player and my entire disc collection. Even if I have purchased the dvd replacement. Now on the other hand my VHS collection will be going bye bye, lol. Every VHS movie I replace with DVD will get tossed. How ever especially with receivers like the Pioneer Elite 49TX with it video upsampling I would keep the laserdisc movies. As for myself I have a few that are really worth keeping. The Rock box set DD (could be better if it DTS) And I have Jurrasic Park 1 & 2, The Crow, Apollo 13 and The Shadow in DTS that will look even better once I get the Elite reciever.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
EXACTLY Dave! I've not disposed of any of my LDs.(Have 400+) My most valuable LD is the Criterion "Robinson Crusoe on Mars". ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks