What's new

What's the biggest DVD binge you ever did, in one shot, one day? (1 Viewer)

Rick P

Supporting Actor

Well, here's your bucket :D yes, indeed all 7 seasons for $130. Few weeks later I got X-Files 4,5 and 6 from the same place for $60 (total).

Now, that dosen't count my quarterly Amazon.co.uk binge. My last box from them had...

Robin of Sherwood - complete series, 4 double disc boxes
Dark Angel - seasons 1 and 2 (I prefer widescreen)
Some Mothers do 'ave 'em (all 4 series + specials)
The Survivors - series 1
The Brittas Empire - series 1 and 2
Open All Hours - series 1
Ab Fab - The Last Shout and Gay (proper music/widescreen)
To the Manor Born - series 1 and 2
The New Statesman - complete series + "Who Shot Alan B'Stard?"
Crime Traveller - series 1 and 2

StevenFC

Second Unit
Between 10 and 15 I think. I'll usually get the new DVDs that I want and a couple of older releases as well depending on the number of new ones that I buy. New releases always get priority unless I know something's going out of print or I find a used one that's OOP.

I seem to buy less these days when I go out. I guess because I have so many already. Although I did buy 7 the other day--and may buy as many as 15 on the upcoming "Super Tuesday" of February 3rd. Although I doubt that I'll get them all at once. I do find that spending money on other things from time to time is a good thing. You know, food and such.;)

James L White

Supporting Actor
about $200 3 years ago I ordered Sopranos Season 1,Riskey Business and a few other catalog titles, abotu 8 titles total

Depending on how big my tax refund is this year, I plan on spending about $500 on DVDs, mostly back titles with a few new releases:D :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Eric Eash

Second Unit
i did around $400 on amazon one day, around 30 dvds. man my wife was pissed. oh well, since then she has limited me to one a week unless there's more than one new release that i gotta have, which is most weeks. if i bring her home a dvd though, i can get away with an extra title.

eric

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Mosts discs in a day were 11, caught a store mess up at Blockbuster on pre-viewed DVD's...got them for $4 a piece. Most $$$ in a day was about $300....

Most fun buying discs was last November when I was in Milan, Italy and spent the last of my trip budget buying DVD's.... Il Padrino DVD Collezione (The Godfather Trilogy), Toro Scatenato (Raging Bull), La Storia Fantastica (The Princess Bride) and L'Armata Delle Tenebre (Army of Darkness).

jon_ad

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure if this counts but after my apartment got broken into I bought my entire collection back in one day 70 dvds--got a great deal at columbia house replaced 60 movies for less than 600 bucks- got the others at overstock.com- so i replaced my whole collection for less than 700. It was a fun day!!

Frank@N

Screenwriter

I gotta to ask...

Did the repurchase amount come in well under your insurance settlement = cash in your pocket?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks