What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just moved and set up a new surround sound system (I've never had surround sound before)… I've ordered a projector but it's not going to be here until next week… so I've been going through the music/concert discs in my collection and enjoying those on my TV. (There's this little voice in my head that keeps saying "…but wouldn't you rather wait and see that on the projector?" every time I'm about to pick a movie.)

Watched the new Peter Gabriel concert disc "Back To Front" and it's pretty awesome, both in terms of performance, and technically speaking (so *that's* what lossless audio is about, now I get it).

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Edwin-S said:
Well, I just finished watching a blind buy. The Criterion edition of "Ministry of Fear". I'd never seen it, so I picked it up on a whim. The film is decent enough, but not as suspenseful as the cover synopsis made it out to be. Frankly, I thought the essay about the film and Fritz Lang was better than the movie itself.
Almost bought that at the B&N 50% off sale, but decided against making an expensive Criterion blind buy (even at half off, it's not cheap)… I feel a bit relieved reading that, I was hoping it would be a great movie but I was worried it would be the kind of thing I'd watch once. I'll definitely make it a rental sometime.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert Crawford said:
Started off watching the original Godzilla on BD. Now, I'm watching the Raymond Burr version with the audio commentary.
Okay, I watched both versions of Godzilla on BD. Also, watched Virginia City on VUDU. A pretty good 1080p presentation of this 1940 classic western. I forgot I watched Johnny Tremain on iTunes in 1080p.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
Okay, I watched both versions of Godzilla on BD. Also, watched Virginia City on VUDU. A pretty good 1080p presentation of this 1940 classic western. I forgot I watched Johnny Tremain on iTunes in 1080p.
I'm curious. Which version of Godzilla did you prefer or did you have any preference at all?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Even though the version with Raymond Burr is the one I grew up watching in the early 60s, I prefer the Japanese version which is why I viewed it first before watching the Burr version with the audio commentary. It's been my preference since the first time I viewed the Japanese version.

Now, I have to urge to watch Rodan and Mothra. I might stream them this upcoming weekend.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did get to The Quiet Man last weekend. Always love the movie, but the Olive Blu-ray had color that was too subdued.

I'm expecting the three Twilight Time releases assigned to me very soon, so I hate to make plans if I'm going to be working. I also have the movie Crack-Up with Peter Lorre lined up to watch and review if the Twilight Time releases don't arrive today.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Recently purchase both the Planet Of The Apes collection and the Laurel And Hardy Essential collection, so I imagine I will be choosing selections from these.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Besides the latest Apes film at my local Dolby Atmos theater, I'm going to revisit Gun Crazy and Rodan. If I have time then I'll check out the tiny twins too after my Rodan viewing.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I saw "2001: A Space Odyssey" in 70mm yesterday. Was supposed to see "Brainstorm" in 70mm immediately afterwards, but the museum canceled that screening due to unspecified problems with the print.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I watched "Das Wunder von Bern" (miracle of Bern) on DVD (projected, PQ was better than I thought).

It's about the first german soccer World Cup Win in 1954. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll start my weekend off watching the rest of the Brannigan BD. Hopefully, my German BD order will get here today or tomorrow so I can enjoy some of those BD titles.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had yesterday off, and I kind of drowned myself in Fox Cinemascope titles of the 1950s. After enjoying and appreciating Violent Saturday on Wednesday, I took out two previous Twilight Time gems of 1950s Cinemascope: The Egyptian and Desiree and then finished off the evening with ˆThe Virgin Queenˆ on DVD.Rio 2 in 3D is coming, but I hope to watch another recent Warner Archive disc or two over the next few days: The Barretts of Wimpole Street and Whoopee.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I watched Blu-rays of "The Ninth Gate" and "The Time Machine" (1960) last night... no idea what's up for later tonight (yet)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Was going to watch the only video content I purchased from iTunes which was three episodes of Battlestar Galactica from Season 4 but thanks to iTunes it will not play on a usb drive on my blu-ray player.

Drumline (DTS HD Master Audio) Blu-ray
Back To The Future (DTS HD Master Audio) Bluray
Bourne Identity (Dolby Digital Plus) HD-DVD

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert Crawford said:
I'll start my weekend off watching the rest of the Brannigan BD. Hopefully, my German BD order will get here today or tomorrow so I can enjoy some of those BD titles.
Well, my German BD order didn't arrive so I watched the following instead this past weekend.

Brannigan BD
Snowpiercer HD Download iTunes
The Americanization of Emily BD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks