What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (1 Viewer)

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
Hound and Adventures Of are also two of my favorites, as is House Of Fear. Those are based on original stories, whereas the later ones were, for the most part, done for moral during the war.
I also like Terror By Night. I always enjoy films where the murder takes place on a train or an airplane. One of these days I'd love to go over to England just to take a long ride on one of those great trains.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
After today's work assignment, I'm looking at a work-free weekend, so I'd like to finally get to the second Hobbit movie in 3D. Maybe Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, too.

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
It's Errol Flynn pirate film night on TCM.
Just finished Against All Flags, and now it's Captain Blood.
Then it's The Sea Hawk.
I have The Sea Hawk and Captain Blood on DVD, but I'm watching them on TCM.
Anyone else do that? When TCM shows a film that you have on disc and therefore has a better picture quality, do you continue to watch it anyway rather than put on the disc? Don't know why, but on occasion I do. Makes no sense. :blink:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Jacksmyname said:
It's Errol Flynn pirate film night on TCM.Just finished Against All Flags, and now it's Captain Blood.Then it's The Sea Hawk.I have The Sea Hawk and Captain Blood on DVD, but I'm watching them on TCM.Anyone else do that? When TCM shows a film that you have on disc and therefore has a better picture quality, do you continue to watch it anyway rather than put on the disc? Don't know why, but on occasion I do. Makes no sense. :blink:
I have, but I think it's just that the movie is so great, when I stumble across it, I can't change the channel

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A very busy weekend for me.

My Darling Clementine Region B BD

My Darling Clementine Region 1 SD DVD

The Hound of the Baskervilles Region B BD

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes Region B BD

Destry Rides Again Region B BD

Man Without a Star Region B BD

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
It's TCM again tonight (good lord I love that channel).
Started with Godzilla, now it's Mighty Joe Young

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did get to Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit last weekend and managed to fit in McLintock! the other night. Maybe I can get to Smaug in 3D this weekend.

I keep getting derailed in other threads by talk of other movies. Discussion of Tarantula made me take that one out last night and watch it, and I went back through some of the Rathbone/Holmes movies the other night because we were talking about them in a Holmes thread.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert Crawford said:
A very busy weekend for me.

My Darling Clementine Region B BD

My Darling Clementine Region 1 SD DVD

The Hound of the Baskervilles Region B BD

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes Region B BD

Destry Rides Again Region B BD

Man Without a Star Region B BD
I forgot to add Backlash Region B BD along with Voice of Terror Region A BD.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Started by watching the latest Transformers film in a giant screen theater with Dolby Atmos audio.

Today, I'll be viewing the BD of TGTBTU in tribute of Eli Wallach.

Also, plan on watching the DVDs of Race Street and Dear Heart.

larrdog

Stunt Coordinator
Really enjoyed man in the dark. Lots of pop outs. Ordered straight from twilight very fast shipping . Ordered Wednesday received Saturday.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Spent yesterday afternoon at another member's house watching the following on his impressive home theatre setup:

The Flying Tigers (Olive BluRay) with John Wayne, John Carroll and Anna Lee. Good WWII action picture with Duke driven crazy by the unprofessional, ego-driven enthusiasm Carroll displays that jeopardize the mission of American volunteers defending the Chinese in pre-December 7th China.

Circus World - A European BluRay of the 1964 Bronstein production with Wayne, Rita Hayworth and Claudia Cardinale. Wayne has raised Cardinale from childhood after her father committed suicide and her mother ran out the same night. It seems the Duke and Lili had been romantically involved and the husband found out. Now, after fifteen years, Wayne's been lookin' high and Wayne's been lookin' low, looking for his Shangai Lil, until she finally returns to reconnect with an unsuspecting daughter. Good circus soaper with lots of spectacle.

The Comedy Man DVD - 1964 British melodrama with Kenneth More a starving actor struggling in a flophouse with other struggling actors until he hits paydirt by prostituting his art to become a TV commercial star. Money doesn't buy artistic happiness. Edmund Purdom gives a surprisingly animated performance for once and Billie Whitelaw, Kay Walsh, Cecil Parker, and few other familiar Brits are a part of his tawdry existence. Something of a downer, but compelling.

Operation Crossbow (HD Stream) - Probably the best picture of the day. George Peppard is assigned to infiltrate a rocket manufacturing facility on the Baltic Sea in WWII as a spy and saboteur. Sophia Loren unexpectedly shows up as the wife of the dead engineer whose identity he has stolen. Lilli Palmer has a good role, as does Jeremy Kemp. Good suspense, good pacing and a great finale. If you liked The Guns of Navarone, you'd like this one.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Certainly '1776' today. Over the weekend, maybe The Quiet Man and Smaug in 3D if I can ever get around to earmarking that much time.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Started off watching the original Godzilla on BD. Now, I'm watching the Raymond Burr version with the audio commentary.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Expect to watchYankee Doodle DandyMr. Smith Goes To Washington1776 AndHouse Of GamesHow To Train Your Dragon 1 & 2 I.T. Crowd. (Season 5 on Hulu)Ice Station ZebraPrincess And The PirateI'm curious how many I will get through - what with grilling, swimming, fireworks, etc.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, I just finished watching a blind buy. The Criterion edition of "Ministry of Fear". I'd never seen it, so I picked it up on a whim. The film is decent enough, but not as suspenseful as the cover synopsis made it out to be. Frankly, I thought the essay about the film and Fritz Lang was better than the movie itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks