What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (7 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I received the Leave Her to Heaven BD so it moves ahead of my weekend viewing list which will occur in about five minutes from now. Some of my best HT viewing times is early in the morning before the sun comes up with well rested senses to enjoy the film with little outside distractions.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
New Weekend-

Battlestar Galactica 1978 done

Philadelphia which should arrive today

Star Trek Reboot with the possibility of going to see Into Darkness

addition The First Nudie Musical, cause me and the wife need a good laugh, Thanks Bruce. done

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
I'll be spending time with Glenn Ford this weekend. Last night it was Jubal and today it'll be 3:10 To Yuma from Criterion. Also plan to watch another old favorite, The Courtship Of Eddies Father from Warner Archives.

larryKR

Stunt Coordinator
I watched THE GRAND DUEL (spaghetti western from 1972 starring Lee Van Cleef) Friday night, and planning to watch THE VERDICT and THE GRIFTERS Saturday and Sunday nights.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I hope to watch the '62 MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY this weekend to evoke memories of exploring the south seas and the Society Islands around this time some years ago.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So far, I knocked off Leave Her to Heaven and Cloak and Dagger. An Officer and a Gentleman is warming up next.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I watched Star Trek 2009 in preparation for seeing Into Darkness. Philadelphia showed up today and I am watching it now.

AdrianTurner

BANNED
Real Name
Adrian Turner
This weekend I've seen three masterpieces: The Godfather, Charulata and, yes, Billy Wilder's Fedora. Years and years ago, in a galaxy far far away, I co-authored a book with Neil Sinyard about Wilder and I remember we had just one viewing of Fedora and about a week to make it our last chapter. By that time we were so saturated in Wilder's work that we regarded it as a magisterial work. Then the movie came out and the reviews were generally rather savage, some of them mocking. Of course everyone compared it unfavourably to Sunset Boulevard. One critic called it 'Old Hat.' Ha ha. The movie ran briefly and then vanished without trace.

I have to say, this Spanish DVD isn't the greatest transfer ever made, but the movie still seems utterly magisterial to me and I think maybe its classical qualities (ie, old-fashioned) might now seem refreshingly modern. And there's one scene with Henry Fonda that had me in tears for hours. It's a lament for the Old Hollywood and I urge everyone to seek it out.

Oh for a Blu-ray to give the film its lustrous due.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Today, I viewed An Officer and a Gentleman plus Ministry of Fear. Both excellent BDs. So this weekend, I took care of two Fritz Lang classics plus another film noir classic filmed in Technicolor along with a more recent romance film that is becoming a classic after 31 years since it's release. IMO, a pretty good weekend of film viewing.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
As mentioned, I did watch the '62 version of MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY. Found the BD a bit disappointing after reading a positive review at BluRay.com and expecting it to be better. Color appeared to have been boosted, oversaturated in some scenes with many unnaturally red faces. Extras weren't all that interesting, would have liked at least a Making Of doc for what was such an EPIC of its time. 5.1 sound excellent for music, but limited surrounds for anything else. To top it off, another dreaded eco-case from Warners. I enjoyed the picture, but wasn't as impressed by the transfer as I thought I would be.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
So..... This weekend consisted of Mulan, The Rocketeer, Jurassic Park 3D and Iron Man 3 [2D] in a matinee. Great all around.Sent from my iPad using Home Theater Forum mobile app

gruagach

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Henry
Saturday Night Double Rental Feature:

The Bourne Legacy
Hitchcock

Extra Movie Night Sunday:

Cloud Atlas

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A new weekend with some extra off days to boot due to the Holiday here in the States. Since, it's Memorial Day, I'm leaning towards some War theme films. I'm still trying to make up my mind, but the following might be some titles I view this long weekend.

The Men
The Fighting Seabees
Mr. Winkle Goes to War
A Walk in the Sun
Pride of the Marines
Destination Tokyo
Gettysburg
We Were Soldiers
Where Eagles Dare
Battleground

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I just received Chinatown yesterday, so that will be on the agenda for this weekend. I have been on a bit of a Tarantino kick lately, too (Django Unchained, Inglorious Basterds, Kill Bill), so may re-watch Pulp Fiction. We probably will not have time for anything else if the weather is nice.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did get to a Chan movie last weekend; in fact, I watched three of them since they're only a little over an hour each. Very enjoyable making me anticipate the new batch of them coming this summer.

Still didn't get to Argo or The Lorax. With the long weekend, surely I will get to them this weekend. And I'd like to decrease the size of my Warner Archives stack by at least one this weekend, too. Maybe New Moon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks