What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (3 Viewers)

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
The brand new Jimi Hendrix documentary "Hear My Train A Comin'" which includes as a special feature a brand new, never before seen filmed set from the Miami Pop Festival in 1968 by the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

The two day festival was staged at a racecourse - a big success on the first day, totally rained out on the second. The festival organizers would learn from this, their first festival, when they would stage their second in Bethel, New York, just over a year later....

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ended up this weekend with: Thor 2, Rear Window, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Winnie the Pooh Christmas, 2 episodes of Arrow, 1 episode of Next Gen. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving weekend: four days all alone and I can watch whatever I want, when I want, and not worry about work. :D

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
This weekend will depend on whether some sets I ordered are delivered.
On their way are the Blu sets of the Bourne films, the Lethal Weapon films, and the Universal Monster films. I ordered all of them from Amazon UK. Total cost for the three sets was right about $60. Sixteen films, on Blu Ray, for $60.
Estimated delivery date is today, 11/14. So, if they get here today ir tomorrow, I'll have plenty to watch.
I'll probably go with the Lethal Weapons to start with as I haven't seen them in a while.
The Universal Monsters for late night.
What's better than a classic Universal Monster film at, say, about midnight, with some good munchies! :)

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
Jason_V said:
Ended up this weekend with: Thor 2, Rear Window, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Winnie the Pooh Christmas, 2 episodes of Arrow, 1 episode of Next Gen. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving weekend: four days all alone and I can watch whatever I want, when I want, and not worry about work. :D
I remember those days well! But I'm lucky as my wife likes what I like.
Only movie I can think of where we disagree is Snakes On A Plane. She hates it for some reason. I laugh like crazy when I watch it.
Other than that one, we both like the same movies.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Jacksmyname said:
I remember those days well! But I'm lucky as my wife likes what I like.
Only movie I can think of where we disagree is Snakes On A Plane. She hates it for some reason. I laugh like crazy when I watch it.
Other than that one, we both like the same movies.
We have a fairly unconventional relationship and I'll be "single" again starting on Sunday through Christmas. We generally don't argue over what to watch...we like most of the same things. And Jim, bless his heart, deals with a lot of crappy movies that make their way into the queue for one reason or another.

I hated every second of Snakes on a Plane, but only because I really hate snakes. :D

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
Jason_V said:
We have a fairly unconventional relationship and I'll be "single" again starting on Sunday through Christmas. We generally don't argue over what to watch...we like most of the same things. And Jim, bless his heart, deals with a lot of crappy movies that make their way into the queue for one reason or another.

I hated every second of Snakes on a Plane, but only because I really hate snakes. :D
Heh heh. Yeah, I don't like snakes either, but only because I don't know which ones are safe and which ones aren't. Spiders for the same reason. If I know they're safe I'm ok with them. Our lot backs up to deep woods with a lot of wildlife, some of which need to be kept at a safe distance. Had a copperhead in the back yard one day that made it's way to the garden. Needless to say we didn't pick any tomatoes etc. that day. :D

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
As I correctly predicted, I was too busy reviewing last weekend to get any leisure viewing done apart from DVRed TV shows. Looks like I may have one day to watch something this weekend. It's likely to be Rebel Without a Cause from the James Dean UK box set.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
If.... they finally show up..... Twilight Time's three new ones Oliver!, Jane Eyre & The Way We Were , and one more from Criterion sale that I am waiting on, City Lights

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'm tired. I figure I will do a marathon viewing of "The Inside of My Eyelids". Plays every night in my house, but will be getting extensive viewing this weekend.

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Dipping in and out of the complete series boxset of "Naked City", seeing "The Hunger Games" for the first time, got the bluray on special, most likely something about John F. Kennedy as well.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did have last Saturday free, but when Oliver! arrived in the mailbox, it jumped to the head of the line, and I watched it. (Fantastic looking, BTW).

If the Fox Vote Your Choice review discs come in, I'll be working on them. If they don't, I plan to watch Rebel Without a Cause and The Best Years of Our Lives, both of which I'm really looking forward to seeing on Blu-ray.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Hunger Games is for sure on the schedule for tomorrow. I'd like to think I'll get to other stuff this weekend (watched In This Our Life with Bette Davis last night), but I really don't know. There's a Christmas tree to put up, a desk to install, a kitchen table to move...and then normal weekend chores.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks