What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (4 Viewers)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
July 11th, 2016 Monday

Lethal Weapon (Directors Cut)
480p DVD
5.1 DTS

Lethal Weapon.jpg

I do have the theatrical version on 1080p blu-ray but would purchase it again if they released the directors cut on 4K UHD!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Watched Ghostbusters (4K mastered disc) and Jaws: The Revenge tonight. Thinking about watch my two new Studio Ghibli acquisitions tomorrow.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
July 15th, 2016 Friday

Well I wanted to watch Rambo: First Blood today but all of a sudden my disc is unreadable! Nether my Samsung 4K UHD blu-ray nor my LiteOn blu-ray rom will read this disc! And this has happened with two other titles that even though nether movies ever had any kind of play back issue and even though there are in mint condition they no longer play!

Rambo: First Blood
Failed to read disc !!!!!!!! Unable to watch movie

100-best-movie-posters-of-the-80-s-0e4adb7b-8c29-4830-ab69-0130cb5eeba7-jpeg-229933.jpg

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
1080p Blu-ray upconvered to 4K UHD
5.1 Uncompressed PCM Audio

MPW-17242.jpg

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Yesterday morning, my wife asked me if I was ready to something that we had planned. I responded to her, "I'm good to go." And then I asked, "You know what movie that's from, right?" She responded, "Contact." And I said, "Right." So, last night, guess what movie she wanted to watch? Yep, we watched Contact. And guess what? I miss quoted the movie. Ellie actually says, "I'm OK to go." Oh well, our memories may not be all that great anymore, but I least we are both in sync when it comes to liking movies. And that's a good thing. :)

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
is a line in Kill Bill, Vol.1.
I didn't realize that. It's been a long time since I've seen the Kill Bill movies. Maybe it's time to revisit them, too. :)

This afternoon I watched Navajo Joe. It's an OK spaghetti western. Enjoyed the music. Didn't realize it was an Ennio Morricone score until I heard the commentator on the commentary say that Morricone used another name for his credit.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Watched The Tale of Princess Kaguya last night. Gorgeous. Watched the pilot for Voltron: Legendary Defenders on Netflix this afternoon and would recommend for fans of this North American style of anime adoption [Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra], as it's very much in the same vein. Killer voice cast, too.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Watched Joe Dante's The Hole in 3D (German BD, Region B, English audio). Very effective use of 3D with outward projection as well. Quite scary.
Also watched Wim Wenders' Every Thing Will Be Fine in 3D (German BD, All Regions, English Audio). Quite immersive, no pop-outs. Very moving story.
These two films were NOT released domestically in 3D.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I saw "Jaws: The Revenge" for the first time - I thought I had seen it before, but it turns out that I had been thinking of Jaws 3.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Watched Joe Dante's The Hole in 3D (German BD, Region B, English audio). Very effective use of 3D with outward projection as well. Quite scary.
Also watched Wim Wenders' Every Thing Will Be Fine in 3D (German BD, All Regions, English Audio). Quite immersive, no pop-outs. Very moving story.
These two films were NOT released domestically in 3D.

I saw "The Hole" when Netflix was offering it streaming in 3D - not sure if they do that anymore or not, but I agree that it was well done - just a fun little 90 minute thriller with very well done 3D effects.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched a movie tonight on DVD I'd never seen - Skyjacked. I thought I had caught all of the disaster movies of the 1970s, but I somehow missed this one. Cheesy, of course, but not without interest, and it had a first-rate cast of stars. Poor James Brolin needed a director to rein him in - what a job of overacting!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I watched a movie tonight on DVD I'd never seen - Skyjacked. I thought I had caught all of the disaster movies of the 1970s, but I somehow missed this one. Cheesy, of course, but not without interest, and it had a first-rate cast of stars. Poor James Brolin needed a director to rein him in - what a job of overacting!

I just finished all the Airport movies and really enjoyed the airplane aspects of it - sounds like Skyjacked might be up my alley. Thanks Matt!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
The following week I will be going to see the 1961 film The Hustler! Do not know if it will be from 35mm film or a 4K DCP, will find out then.

the-hustler-movie-poster-1961-1020418914.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks