What's new

What's next for BCI? (1 Viewer)

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by MatthewA

There are rumors that his retirement was not exactly voluntary...
There's also the possibility that he was fired because Fremantle was disgusted with his backstage behavior.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Bob Barker was a prince to me when he did the introduction to a documentary about a rural animal control officer that won the Student Academy Award.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Woo! The used bookstore I've been selling off my unread material at had a BUNCH of the Match Game and Family Feud sets, so I managed to snap up The Feud. Now I only need the Password (defective tho it may be) and I'll be set.

If anyone is looking for them and is in Seattle, it's the Half Price Books on the Ave (or if someone has a Password they dont want and is looking for the others, let me know and perhaps we can work something out)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, Bob's, like, 86 now.

I don't think any restrictions on episodes would survive him, especially if Freemantle figured they could make money off of releasing those episodes. Unless there's some other legal wrangling going on, of course.

Morbid thought, but realistic.

And speaking of Game Shows on DVD, Do the upcoming Mill Creek rereleases of some of the old BCI Best of discs give a glimmer of hope for future Goodson/Todman game shows on DVD, or is this just a one off situation?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by The Obsolete Man

And speaking of Game Shows on DVD, Do the upcoming Mill Creek rereleases of some of the old BCI Best of discs give a glimmer of hope for future Goodson/Todman game shows on DVD, or is this just a one off situation?

I think it might just be a sub-licence situation.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Found the Gameshow Sets in Big Lots for $5. Only problem, they are Mill Creek and seem to be limited editions with less episodes.

Example, Match Game has only 16. I guess these aren't worth having in addition to the larger sets put out by BCI and Mill Creek? Anybody know? I'm just having problems getting detailed listings from most of this stuff. :( I read a review for the Family Feud set on amazon that says the Mill Creek version has different episodes from the original BCI. I suspect they may just be ordered differently. I do know the Password one from Mill Creek has maybe 1 less episode. But...such confusion....

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Radioman970 Found the Gameshow Sets in Big Lots for $5. Only problem, they are Mill Creek and seem to be limited editions with less episodes. Example, Match Game has only 16. I guess these aren't worth having in addition to the larger sets put out by BCI and Mill Creek? Anybody know? I'm just having problems getting detailed listings from most of this stuff. :( I read a review for the Family Feud set on amazon that says the Mill Creek version has different episodes from the original BCI. I suspect they may just be ordered differently. I do know the Password one from Mill Creek has maybe 1 less episode. But...such confusion....
I bought The Price is Right and Password sets from Mill Creek. I already own BCI's Match Game set so I don't know what's missing on the Mill Creek set. Its too much to type out the episode list, and I can't find one online. I believe the Price is Right set is the same because its 4 discs. The Password set is 3 discs. I was curious to see what's missing from my Password set, so I did a search and I found out that the Mill Creek set is two episodes shorter than the original BCI release. The episodes missing are Barbara Bain/Brian Keith, and Georgia Brown/Laurence Harvey. I don't care much about the latter, but I do like Barbara Bain and Brian Keith. I found this episode list at http://www.fulvuedrive-in.com: The BCI Password Set has 4 discs. The Mill Creek Set has 3 discs. Below is an episode list for the BCI Set. The Mill Creek contains the same episodes except the 2 titles in [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]red[/COLOR]. DVD 1 Carol Burnett (a riot here)/Gary Moore Betsy Palmer/Dick Van Dyke (just before his hit show) Pat Carroll/Johnny Carson (when he still had a show on CBS) James Mason/Jane Fonda (very young and still-unknown here) Joan Benny/Jack Benny Anne Bancroft/Robert Goulet (without a mustache) Joan Crawford (enjoying Baby Jane success)/Barry Nelson (the first James Bond!) Olivia de Havilland/Anthony Perkins (post-Psycho, plugging Welles’ The Trial) DVD 2 Betty White (Ludden’s wife)/Jack Parr Janet Leigh/Polly Bergen/Peter Lawford/Sammy Davis Jr. Carol Burnett/Robert Preston Lucille Ball/Gary Morton/Lucy Arnaz/Desi Arnaz Jr. Betty White/Paul Anka (still as a teen heartthrob and funny here) [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Georgia Brown/Laurence Harvey[/COLOR] Edie Gorme/Bob Newhart (just before huge stardom, very funny here) Marty Allen/Steve Rossi DVD 3 Lucille Ball/Gary Morton/Peter Lawford/Vivian Vance James Stewart/Gloria Stewart/Judy Stewart/Kelly Stewart Angie Dickenson/Pat Carroll/Peter Lawford/Otto Preminger Jayne Meadows/Steve Allen Barbara Rush/Gene Kelly Lauren Bacall/Jack Palance Betty White/Arlene Francis Nancy Sinatra/Woody Allen (a real classic show!) DVD 4 [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Barbara Bain (plugging Mission: Impossible’s debut)/Brian Keith[/COLOR] Bea Benedaret/Eddie Albert (plugging Petticoat Junction & Green Acres) Nancy Kulp/Frank Sutton (another all time classic show!) Carol Welles/Bob Denver Irene Ryan/Bob Crane/Donna Douglas (a must see riot of a show!) Audrey Meadows/Jerry Lewis Betty White/Frank Gifford Elizabeth Montgomery/Martin Landau (plugging Bewitched & M: I)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Awesome Ron, thanks. I broke down and bought all the BCI sets from the amazon marketplace. Glad those are still avail. Also picked up Mill Creeks Classic Game Shows & More set, even though folks are having trouble with it. Not sure what I'll do with the smaller sets of the others...probably return all to Big Lots since they are most likely repeaters.

Here's some links I found in my research, in case anybody is interested.

http://www.crazyape.com/mv50857.html

- lists the Mill Creek family feud completely, along with the cover

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/2008/01/mini-dvd-review-all-star-family-feud.html

- review of BCI family feud, with listing

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Site-News-Mill-Creek-Gets-Game-Show-Rights/12995

- incorrectly (perhaps) states that the Mill Creek releases are the same

http://www.fulvuedrive-in.com/review/9539/Mill+Creek+Game+Show+DVD+Wave+(All-Star+Family+Feud+++Best+Of+Match+Game+(1973),+Password+&+Price+Is+Right+++Game+Show+Moments+Gone+Bananas!)

- details all the BCI sets

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/37283/classic-game-shows-more/

- a great review of that Mill Creek Classic Game shows & more set, details the problem

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Noticed there is a Price is Right set with 14 episodes (I bought and will prob return to big lots), 20 episodes (saw in a review complete with cover stating "20 Priceless Episodes) and finally the one with 26 I just ordered. Does anybody know if the 26 is all you need? I'm just assuming it is.... Same with the other game show sets...like Password?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Well, I have finally decided I'm going to track down the She-Ra releases. I've been on the fence about this long enough, and the quality that BCI put into those sets should be worth every penny. I don't know what the after-market prices are for these, but I can't figure they will be too outrageous.

I'm also going to pick up duplicates of my favorite Filmation shows(Ark 2, Space Academy, Isis, Jason of Star Command) to keep factory sealed. These releases are the highpoint of my dvd collection. Of the 1,500 dvd's I own these are my favorite.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

paste

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
Originally Posted by Bryan^H

Well, I have finally decided I'm going to track down the She-Ra releases. I've been on the fence about this long enough, and the quality that BCI put into those sets should be worth every penny. I don't know what the after-market prices are for these, but I can't figure they will be too outrageous.

I'm also going to pick up duplicates of my favorite Filmation shows(Ark 2, Space Academy, Isis, Jason of Star Command) to keep factory sealed. These releases are the highpoint of my dvd collection. Of the 1,500 dvd's I own these are my favorite.

If you have one in your area, you might try Half Price Books. I've found several of the BCI sets there unopened, including She-Ra and the Sci Fi Box Set with Ark 2, Space Academy, and Jason. Not sure how much the She-Ra was, but the Sci Fi Box was running for around $10 last time I checked, which is a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks