What's new

What's in Your Autograph Collection? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
* Steve Yzerman, Sergei Federov - on a Wings Jersey
* Federov, Konstantinov, Kozlov, Larionov & Fetisov - "The Russian Five" from the Red Wings
* Several other Yzerman autographs
* Joe Dumars - personalized photo from the Olympics
* Mel Gibson & Danny Glover - in a scene from one of the LW movies
* Kenny Baker - (R2D2) personalized

My best piece has to be the game used, autographed Kevin Hodson goalie stick. Talk about a real treasure! (Anyone outside of Detroit know who Hodson is?)

Peter Yee

Premium
I've got Buzz Aldrin (Men from Earth), Anthony Bourdain (all of his books), Alice Waters (two of the Chez Panisse cookbooks), Paul Prudhomme (Chef Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen), and a couple of other signed editions (military history) where I didn't actually meet the author.

As you can tell, I get my autographs in books. So if my favorite celeb hasn't written one, then I don't have it. The one I was really bummed about missing was Alan Shepard (PBS radio station give away in Florida -- I was driving across the Beeline and didn't have access to a phone until it was too late).

-Peter

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
I have a signed JoJo White basketball. (I won a contest at a bar, and we had dinner with JoJo. Also won $1k. Not too shabby!)

JoJo works as a consultant for the Celtics now. One question posed to him during dinner was that with Antoine Walker and Paul Pierce, the team should at least be respectbable (this was last year, with Pitino still as coach.) He started to say a political answer, but cut himself off and placed the blame on the two stars, and even more so, on Rick Pitino.

Justin_M

Agent
I have quite a bit, but only a few good ones.

Have most of the '95 and '96 Packers(about 60 total)-Chris Jacke, Don "Magic Man" Majikowski, Tony Mandrich(keeper!), Sterling Sharpe.

Brett Favre, Fuzzy Thurston

Muhammad Ali (saw him in the Minneapolis airport about 5 years ago)

Mike Piazza and Bobby Valentine (on separate batting practice baseballs)

Oh, and the entire '62 or '63 Milwaukee Braves autographed baseball. Hank Aaron, Bob Uecker, Warren Spahn and so on.

That's it for me. OXonce

Rey L

Stunt Coordinator
Rick Springfield
Bob Goldthwait
Lewis Black
Steven Wright
Kevin Meaney
REO Speedwagon
Vertical Horizon
Blessid Union of Souls
John Popper of Blues Traveler
Ed Roland and Will Turpin of Collective Soul
Rusted Root
Semisonic
John Tesh / Charlie Bisharat
Starsailor
Lifehouse
Bruce Campbell
Deborah Gibson

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I never really was into autographs so I only have 2:
Jennifer Connelly and Terry Farrell

Actually I do have some autographed comics but that never really mattered to me. All of them were bought that way.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Just one. I met Nichelle Nichols and she signed her book for me.
Peace Out~:D

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Not much But
-Clive Barker 3 Books (In person)
-Poppy Z. Brite (1st Edition of Lost Souls signed in purple ink)
-Caitlin R. Kiernan (1st edition of SILK signed and she also drew a spider hanging by a thread in it :)/also Hardcover editions of SILK & TALES OF PAIN AND WONDER)
-Kim Stanley (Hardcover of BLUE MARS)
-George R.R. Martin (Don't remember the name of the book right now)
-Dario Argento (Signed on the cover of the Suspiria Laserdisc)
-Joan Hess (One of the Maggody Mysteries in Hardcover)
-Joyce Carol Oates (About 10 differant 1st editions that have been signed. My favorite author :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Federov, Konstantinov, Kozlov, Larionov & Fetisov - "The Russian Five" from the Red Wings
Dennis, is this a lithograph? If so, my wife got a bunch of these from Scott Lites (Kozlov's agent), when my wife worked in the same law office. We gave them to several friends and family members. The last time she checked, they were worth about $2,500 each.

I have a few autographed items:

* Guy Carbonneau autographed Dallas Stars jersey - a gift from former Stars president Jim Lites (who my wife knows)

* Montreal Canadiens lithograph, with Maurice Richard, Henri Richard, Serge Savard, Guy LaFleur, Boom Boom Geoffrion, Gump Worsley and Jean Beliveau

* baseball from the 1977 Detroit Tigers spring training camp in Lakeland. Includes Mark Fidrych, Al Kaline, Gates Brown and many others.

* Slava Kozlov autographed hockey puck, during a visit to my wife's former office

* Billy Martin autographed baseball, from when he managed the Detroit Tigers in the early 1970's.

I have never paid for any of these items -- each was a gift. I would never consider selling them, either, since a lot of the joy is in remembering how the items were obtained.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Bobby Phils signed a golf ball for me at the golf course I (still) work at. Then he drove away in the black porsche that ultimately killed him. :frowning:

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Scott - yes, its the lithograph. I didn't realize it was worth THAT much! It was a gift from my in-laws back in '97 or '98. The litho and one Yzerman photo (the famous one of him hoisting the Cup sans a front tooth) were the only purchased items.

I forgot, I have a John Grisham book with a personalized autograph.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks