What's new

What's currently the most prized item/s in your DVD collection and why ? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I would have to go with my Band of Brothers set. Everything is just perfect with it, from the picture to sound and extras to the packaging. It's a perfect way to watch the greatest war story put on film.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

You've pretty much seen the list in this thread.

- Steve

Michael_Q

Stunt Coordinator
Raging Bull 2-disc SE, with a personalized autograph from Ms. Thelma Schoonmaker. I would sacrifice my family for this disc....OK, maybe not.

ElAhrai

Stunt Coordinator
Being the horror nut I am, my prized discs are the divimax Dawn of the Dead signed by George Romero and my copy of House of 1000 corpses signed by the primary cast.

That and my Star Wars Holiday Special disc. :)

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
Black Hawk Down R3 3 disc Superbit x2
two copies as i clicked one to many times !

The Punisher R3 DTS
i love this film and now love the sound :)

My evening with Kevin Smith dvd has also gotten played more than any disc i own running it at slose second is

Spaced series 1+2 3 disc box set
my love for spaced made me double dip for the 3 disc and love shaun of the dead more !

All My Multi Movie Box sets :
indy jones
die hard 5* (yes i know about the e.e.!)
French Connection 5*
Alien Quad (the best extras out there)
Evil Dead Trilogy R2
Jack Ryan SE box

My Robocop criterion

House of the flying daggers R3 full bitrate dts

And anything in my (2000+) collection that has dts !

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
First, an order of business. I had no idea (or perhaps no recollection) that "THe Hunt For Red October" had an SE. Is this OOP or what? I'll just share with you that my user name on my car forum is "One Ping Vasily". 'Nuff said.

However,

I have to say "Band of Brothers" is my most prized set. Simply based on the fact that I always want to watch it. It is simply the best thing ever created for television, period. And holds it's own quite nicely against other visual motion picture entertainments. It's really close to sublime for me, as entertainment.

Ivan

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
Green with envy...:D

I was waiting for someone to mention a signed item. My irreplaceable disc is a copy of Apollo 13 signed by Jim Lovell. It's the old disc, so now I'm wondering how I can somehow incorporate that signed insert into the upcoming new special edition. If not, I guess I might just have to wait until I bump into Lovell again, if I'm lucky enough - I'm an aerospace reporter, so I've been privileged to speak to him twice.

Apart from that, I guess my favorite DVD is the Extended Edition of The Fellowship of the Ring. It's my favorite film, so duh...

--Jefferson Morris

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Seasons 1 - 3 of Queer as Folk. (Season 4 is preordered.) I just adore Gale Harold and this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks