What's new

What's a good paid photo hosting site to use? (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I have some detailed pics and I want to store 1-4MB jpegs if possible for linking to from other sites.

Can anyone recommend a good site?

Thanks.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
www.pbase.com is a very popular one. You basically get 200MB for $23/year -- and their pricing structure allows scaling by 200MB increments on a month-to-month basis. However, their resized views do lose sharpness, ie. when you choose a smaller size than the original image.

If you need more than 200MB and/or need better resized views than pbase.com and don't expect too many hits, you might also consider www.smugmug.com. They charge $30/year for the basic service that provides 2GB/month bandwidth (w/ extra bandwidth for unusual months) or $50/year for power user service that provides 4GB/month. Storage is essentially unlimited, and people can also use their printing service, if desired.

Both have free trial periods to check out.

FWIW, I use pbase.com but I might also add an account w/ smugmug.com if I start turning my photography into a semi-profession for freelance work.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks