What's new

Whatever Happened to Everyone? (1 Viewer)

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I was never that big of a poster, but I've been around for a while. Seems that I'm content with my HT and have been moving on to other things. Other priorities have slipped into my life. Although I do like this forum.

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
They should give all members in before 2000 admin access so that we can banish the newbies who piss us off. :D

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Bump.

I miss the science and skeptic and ghost story discussions.

But hey, now we have relationship and bikini posts instead! w00t!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"They should give all members in before 2000 admin access so that we can banish the newbies who piss us off."

I'm down with that:D

Brent

Say goodbye you little troll!! POOF!!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Odd how I was also pondering on the change in my own participation and the lack of recognizable names. I can blame my own lack of participation on my cresting of the DVD wave. I have a very short wish list of DVD releases that doesn't have me hovering the old Software forum like I used to. There is an inarguable finality to holding Chopping Mall in your hand in DVD format that I think has few rivals. The holy grails are released (Godfather, Indiana, and Star Wars), the controversies are nowhere near as monumental as before, the DVD coupons have dried up, and the standards of releases are so good that I'm having a hard time remembering a disappointing DVD purchase. I think when I changed my default forum from that to Movies that the downhill slide started.

I still love my collection, and still wander in once in a while, but the wild frontier of DVD has (for me) been domesticated.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
ah seeing the names of those who have participated in this thread brings back memories of the days before I had even reached 50 DVDs. And what's with the hyperlinks on some of the key words...advertising has TAKEN OVER AHHHH!!!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hmmm that Divx ad in Buzz's post is interesting. I was thinking of treating myself to a divx dvd player and there are some great deals there, 51 quid for a multi-region 'plays anything' dvd player! That'll do me. Thanks Buzz.:emoji_thumbsup:

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
at what point are you considered a "senior" member? membership time-frame, number of posts, or overall notoriety?

as far as i can tell, i've been here a couple of years, have wayyy too many posts, and have achieved zero notoriety.

just look at how many flippin 'i wanna be popular' posts i've done... :D

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Yes, but it should also make guys like you and me feel good. The skeptics here are very effective at debunking any attempt on here to promote the paranormal, so good that I think no one here is willing to try it. :)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I don't argue about belief, Zen. The disagreement will come when you say you have good evidence for them.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
C'mon Robert. I've read enough of your posts to know that.
smile.gif

I'm playing

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Its all a cycle
smile.gif

I can honestly say though that HTF was and will always be my first home on the web.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Great to see so many names of way-back-when again. From the days of lore.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks