What's new

What would you like to see next from TImeless? (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil Brock

What I heard is there is an elements issue.

That's exactly what my crystal ball has revealed as well, so I'm sure that's the holdup.

Gary "hopefully they get that resolved soon and we see the series next year" O.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Was going to pre-order Medic today, but in the description on their homepage I noticed Timeless writes 'color' in big red letters, surely that's a typo and it should say b&w?

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
"Make Room For Daddy" "December Bride" "I Married Joan" "Bus Stop"

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Regarding the TV show Bus Stop, I heard that even though Fox produced it and the movie with Marilyn Monroe, it was only loosely-based on the movie. Also, It seems that Fox holds the record for the most amount of film-to-TV adaptations of any major TV Company.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
vnisanian2001 said:
Regarding the TV show Bus Stop, I heard that even though Fox produced it and the movie with Marilyn Monroe, it was only loosely-based on the movie. Also, It seems that Fox holds the record for the most amount of film-to-TV adaptations of any major TV Company.
They had one episode with Tuesday Weld playing the Marilyn part which was the same as the movie and the play that the movie was based on. The rest of the episodes were anthology dramas, loosely tied around the town of Sunrise with the regular cast being very peripheral to the stories. But most of the episodes are great IMO, better than similar one-hour series such as Alcoa Premiere, Kraft Suspense Theatre and even the Alfred Hitchcock Hour. Unfortunately there are only a season's worth of episodes, its in black and white and worst of all its owned by the great Fox.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by HenryDuBrow

Was going to pre-order Medic today, but in the description on their homepage I noticed Timeless writes 'color' in big red letters, surely that's a typo and it should say b&w?

I'm sure it will be in b/w. As far as I know, Timeless has yet to take any of these Universal properties they've been releasing recently and colorized them. Its almost assuredly a typo.

Gary "I pre-ordered mine - 'Red Christmas' is now another I'll be able to check off on my TV Christmas episodes list" O.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I believe the reference to this series being in color is a probably a typo. I wish I could say the same for the total amount of episodes which appears to have dropped by six from the originally announced 50 to 44. I wonder whether it was a matter of avoiding QA issues (ala M Squad)??

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Came across this posting from Bob Hug from Nov 2007: Over the Summer I sent a note to Lanny Lee who is a producer for Timeless inquiring about the 1962-63 series "The Wide Country," a modern day (circa early 1960s) drama using the professional rodeo circuit as its backdrop with stars Earl Holliman and Andrew Prine as the Guthrie brothers. Mr. Lee advised that they were working on it and it is a Revue/Universal series, so hopefully we'll see that next year. Wow, I was impressed by the fact that TMG had been working on this release for 4 years, and is finally getting it out the door. That, my friends, is real dedication to the classic TV fan. I wonder how many other companies would devote this much time to an obscure TV series that is 50 yrs old? I can bet that 95% of other companies would have blown it off. TMG is really dedicated to the classic TV fan, kudos!!

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Richard V said:
Came across this posting from Bob Hug from Nov 2007: Over the Summer I sent a note to Lanny Lee who is a producer for Timeless inquiring about the 1962-63 series "The Wide Country," a modern day (circa early 1960s) drama using the professional rodeo circuit as its backdrop with stars Earl Holliman and Andrew Prine as the Guthrie brothers. Mr. Lee advised that they were working on it and it is a Revue/Universal series, so hopefully we'll see that next year. Wow, I was impressed by the fact that TMG had been working on this release for 4 years, and is finally getting it out the door. That, my friends, is real dedication to the classic TV fan. I wonder how many other companies would devote this much time to an obscure TV series that is 50 yrs old? I can bet that 95% of other companies would have blown it off. TMG is really dedicated to the classic TV fan, kudos!!
Didn't Lanny Lee pass away some time ago? :( I know he was responsible for locating the bulk of the shows on 16mm.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
DeWilson said:
Didn't Lanny Lee pass away some time ago? :( I know he was responsible for locating the bulk of the shows on 16mm.
Indeed he did. In the interim, after the big Universal fire, they actually brought in people to inventory their warehouses and they were able to locate 16mm prints on many of their shows. In addition, they also now work with Timeless to allow them access to the huge batch of series that they had donated to UCLA. So things have changed a great deal from a few years ago where all Universal would do is sell the rights and then tell Timeless to go scavenge around for whatgever elements they could find.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I think another great candidate for Timeless is the 1971-1972 Jack Webb show O'Hara US Treasury starring David Janssen. Universal owns this so that is another plus since Timeless has released so many Universal shows. Any word Gary on Timeless releasing O'Hara US Treasury? Thanks! Robert

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCCLOUD

I think another great candidate for Timeless is the 1971-1972 Jack Webb show O'Hara US Treasury starring David Janssen. Universal owns this so that is another plus since Timeless has released so many Universal shows. Any word Gary on Timeless releasing O'Hara US Treasury? Thanks!
Robert

Unfortunately I've not heard anything about that one coming from Timeless, Robert. Sorry.

Gary "who would have thought so much good would come out of that Uni fire a few years ago" O.

SimonTemplar

Stunt Coordinator
O Hara might be a possible Shout Factory target too? They seem to do the detective shows and Timeless gets the westerns.

SimonTemplar

Stunt Coordinator
O Hara might be a possible Shout Factory target too? They seem to do the detective shows and Timeless gets the westerns.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Would be great with that rare Janssen show released, but S!F may not see it as a huge enough title for them, whereas TMG might actually rather take a chance on it. It has that feel to it for a crime/drama show, like Universal's Owen Marshall; Counselor At Law (1971-74), that could appeal to their western heart. -OM even feature old cowboy favorite Lee Majors, and a rousing western-like theme from Elmer 'Magnificent Seven' Bernstein. In general, I'd love to see them do more 70s shows now the studios have not done so lately. [VIDEO][/VIDEO] [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
O'Hara at least was remastered to tape for airings on A+E in the early 90s so it wouldn't be as difficult as other later Universal shows that were never transferred from that era. I remember "O'Hara" airing in rotation with "Delvecchio", "Ellery Queen" and "City Of Angels." In 1976 when Janssen was a guest on the Tonight Show and still doing "Harry O", Carson noted how every show he'd done had always been a hit, and Janssen corrected him by referencing "O'Hara" and then saying, "But that one still helps me get through Customs!"

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I like it quite a lot actually, it's clearly a tighter budget kind of show but it stars one of television history's biggest stars ever, so it's certainly worth looking into for any player with Uni ties. If they can't get Hec Ramsey, they could maybe try for this one.

Charles H

Screenwriter
Neil Brock said:
They had one episode with Tuesday Weld playing the Marilyn part which was the same as the movie and the play that the movie was based on. The rest of the episodes were anthology dramas, loosely tied around the town of Sunrise with the regular cast being very peripheral to the stories. But most of the episodes are great IMO, better than similar one-hour series such as Alcoa Premiere, Kraft Suspense Theatre and even the Alfred Hitchcock Hour. Unfortunately there are only a season's worth of episodes, its in black and white and worst of all its owned by the great Fox.
File it under "it ain't gonna happen" but FIVE FINGERS tv series would make a great dvd edition. And for that matter, it's a crime that that great movie has never been released on dvd.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Charles H said:
File it under "it ain't gonna happen" but FIVE FINGERS tv series would make a great dvd edition. And for that matter, it's a crime that that great movie has never been released on dvd.
Agreed. But that show is owned by Fox, the black hole for old television. No need to say any more. But from having seen most of the series, yes its a very good show.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Jack P said:
O'Hara at least was remastered to tape for airings on A+E in the early 90s so it wouldn't be as difficult as other later Universal shows that were never transferred from that era. I remember "O'Hara" airing in rotation with "Delvecchio", "Ellery Queen" and "City Of Angels." In 1976 when Janssen was a guest on the Tonight Show and still doing "Harry O", Carson noted how every show he'd done had always been a hit, and Janssen corrected him by referencing "O'Hara" and then saying, "But that one still helps me get through Customs!"
The A&E ones were cut to around 46 minutes but I can live with that as its my least favorite of his shows. I'd much rather get Harry O or Richard Diamond than O'Hara. RD is unlikely to ever happen though (split ownership).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks