What's new

What would totally surprise us in 2010? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

We've been getting some odds and ends about what might come out from the tv show front on DVD in 2010 recently. Scarecrow and Mrs. King! Daria! When Things Were Rotten!

What do you think (within the realm of possibility) might pleasantly come out in 2010? That would make you go, 'Oh Great ____ " and get your blood pumping.
Sorry no Adam West Batman's, Six Million Dollar Man, Wonder Years or such shows that we know have legal entanglements.
Before I've asked about "Holy Grails," now I'm asking about shows that aren't so holy and are more in a strong possibility of actually coming out.

I have a friend who desparately wants the High Chapparal to come out. I hope it will come out. For me, some shows with unaired episodes would make my list.

It's been a slow news week.

James

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
How about a restarting of an old, stalled series like HAVE GUN, WILL TRAVEL? I feel good about that one based on the fact the CBS Syndication Bible says it's been remastered for HD.

I think there are still several western series that an outfit like Timeless might release before it's all said and done. Just about any of the more obscure titles would qualify as a pleasant surprise.

Gary "I feel like we will see a few 'surprises' this coming year - but not a whole lot of them" O.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Gary OS /forum/thread/295392/what-would-totally-surprise-us-in-2010#post_3633124

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Brock /forum/thread/295392/what-would-totally-surprise-us-in-2010#post_3633139

Most assuredly! Do you have ESP, Neil? I feel like you are picking my brain. LOL

Gary "in all seriousness, I think that's a great choice and I'd lay money on us seeing that set before 2010 is out" O.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am not expecting a banner year for dvds. We already got some good news around Barnaby Jones, Scarecrow and Mrs King, Cannon, Vega$ season 1, volume 2, Hawaii Five-O 8th season. I for one think we will see the following:

1. Family Ties - 6th Season
2. CHiPs - 3rd Season
3. Emergency! - Final Season
4. 1970s Saturday Morning Cartoons - Volume 3
5. Love Boat, Season 3, Volume #1 and #2
6. Early Edition, Season #3
7. Charlie Angel's, 5th and Final Season
8. Jake and the Fatman, 3rd Season
9. Nash Bridges, 4th Season,

I think we may see a few surprises this year:

1. The Ropers
2. Three's Crowd
3. Hogan Family
4. The Rookies Season #2
5. maybe some complete series, especially around the cartoons.

Season Greetings everyone!!!

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
I'm not really into these "take a wild guess" topics but I would be pleasantly surprised if FOX took a second chance on PICKET FENCES and THE PRACTICE and if SONY released the fourth seasons of PARTY OF FIVE and THE NANNY. I'm pretty confident about EVERWOOD Season 3 seeing the light of day but I now consider my beloved KNOTS LANDING dead in the water. The one show that I would buy in a heartbeat should it get a surprise release in 2010 is CHINA BEACH. Other than that, I've decided to only buy new sets from shows I've already started collecting.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I'd hope for anything from Fox, Sony, and Universal with stalled shows. That would surprise me for the coming year....Leave It To Beaver, Big Valley, Rawhide, Fantasy Island.....to see those get back on track would be a great surprise for me.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
My first post was more of things I actually know are coming but might be a shock to most people, so I guess it wasn't in the spirit of the thread title. Therefore I'll post some that I honestly would be pleasantly surprised by (Jeff got me to thinking):

LEAVE IT TO BEAVER - this one really would shock me, but it's within the realm of possibility, IMHO.

COMPLETE RIFLEMAN - since this one was rumored to come out this year, I'll mention it as a possibility for '10.

BIG VALLEY - abandoned for what... 3 or 4 years now? Maybe Fox will see the light (but I doubt it).

RAWHIDE - not scheduled right now for next year (I know that for sure), but maybe things will change. It needs and deserves more releases.

FLIPPER - if MGM picked this one back up I'd be very happy. But for some reason it seems like a long shot.

OZZIE & HARRIET - season sets would be incredible, but I'm not sure the masters for this show are uncut any more and I'm also not sure all the episodes are even available at this point. This one would be a huge longshot and a huge surprise for me if it happened.

Gary "still not believing we'll see much in the way of vintage material in 2010" O.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I've been waiting patiently on complete sets of "Get a Life". Supposedly Sony was going to do it and Chris Elliot has said that he has recored commentaries for the episodes, but there is a legal issue preventing this from being released.

It would be nice to get an answer on future SNL season set plans.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Gary OS

Quote:

Most assuredly! Do you have ESP, Neil? I feel like you are picking my brain. LOL

Gary "in all seriousness, I think that's a great choice and I'd lay money on us seeing that set before 2010 is out" O.

No ESP. Just some well-placed sources.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I know what would surprise us, a complete series set of Magnum P.I. with Detroit Tiger's cap and Hawaiian shirt.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
The complete The Rifleman would surprise me. I'd snatch that up in a flash.

PianoPlayer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
Either of these would be a very welcome surprise (a shock, really):

The Streets of San Francisco - season three (music copyright issues for one episode may keep this from happening)

Sony picking up where they left off years ago with The Facts of Life, All in the Family, The Jeffersons, etc.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
-The Sentinel (Rest of the seasons)
-Vengeance Unlimited
-Kung Fu:The Legend Continues
-Untouchables (1990's series)
-Time Trax

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I was going to say ELLERY QUEEN, but looks like that might be coming out!

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Ellery Queen is an indeed a pleasant little suprise. Some others that might be nice would be 12 O'Clock High and Garrison's Gorillas.

I have a friend who's a big WWII buff, he'd enjoy those programs and I don't think he's ever seen them.

Ellery Queen also has a great theme song. Love it.

James

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
With "Ellery Queen" seemingly on the verge of becoming available next year, that takes care of one pleasant surprise for me. All that would remain (leaving out "Batman" which I know will not appear) for me would be:

Dragnet, S2
Big Valley, S2 V2
The FBI, S1 (maybe possible with Warner Archive)
Operation Petticoat (This 77-78 ABC series still shows up, plus it has a young Jamie Lee Curtis in the cast).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks