What would it take for you to buy Nintendo's next console?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GlenHaag, Apr 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer
    Supporter

Carl III
    With the exception for playing old school fighting games I prefer the newer controllers. Given the choice of playing Halo on a six button controller or a Capcom fighter on my X Box controller I'd take the latter. It would be a good idea to release the old style controllers as a $25 accessory but I wouldn't want one as standard equipment.

2. Allen_Appel

Allen_Appel Second Unit

Is anyone who's getting the GBA Player also picking up the Hori digital pad? It has a larger D-pad and the Z-button on the face, though the button layout is the same as the GameCube controller.

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

4. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

5. David Lee

David Lee Stunt Coordinator

I would probably buy a new Nintendo system no matter what. But, I think they need to pay big bucks for exclusives, like Sony and Microsoft have done. Virtua Fighter exclusive would have been huge in Japan. Grand Theft Auto exclusive would be huge in the US. People buy PS2 for the exclusives like Final Fantasy, Tekken,etc.

6. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

7. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

the name nintendo...as it will be the only console I will be able to play a new mario, zelda, or metroid on.

The name alone makes me want one.

8. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

All it would take would be Metroid, but I'm definitely of the opinion that cheaper is better. Let Xbox2/PS3 battle for technological supremacy; offer me a $100-150 console with a Metroid game and I'll deal with memory cards/lack of internet support/ProLogic sound.

I'd love to see a Wavebird-style controller become the standard, though.

9. Tim Hess

Tim Hess Second Unit

A new controller, new (core) technology, classic series updates, new franchises and tons of gameplay.

You know, what they do every time they make a new console [​IMG]

10. florence franks

florence franks Stunt Coordinator

If was alot more like snes then n64/cube. The magic died with snes, so many, many beautiful games on that system. When games were really art. Heck how old is GC and only real epic or emotional rpg is Arcadia? Great as that is, not even new adventure.

11. Javier_Huerta

Javier_Huerta Supporting Actor

I can identify with Florence's plea. I can remember the Mode-7 games on the SNES, and how amazing it was to look at that sort of (primitive) scaling. I loved how much the SNES tried to push the technology curve ahead of everything else - there wasn't anything remotely like F-Zero, Super Mario Land or the cartridges with special 3-D chipsets built in (what was the name of the game where you ran some weird cars in 3D environments, which used this chipset? I can't remember).

Still, after owning my GC for a while I can safely say I would NOT trade it for an Xbox (I'd get both systems if I could, though). The games are too quirky (Pikmin, Mario Party IV), too engrossing (Metroid Prime), and too addicting (Pikmin, yet again) for me to part ways with it.

Long story short - if Nintendo ever releases a new console, I'll buy it. No questions asked.

12. Philip_S

Philip_S Stunt Coordinator

For the GB player, the only thing the Z button does is bring up the options. For gameplay, it's pretty much useless.

13. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Ive never had two game systems at a time. Only had a Genisis, Only had a N64. Only a DC after that. But then I had X-box and GC for around 6 months together and i realized why i dont have more then 1. I dont have enough time to play two consoles let alone 3. Ill probably get the next x-box-however i always consider any NES system. Just have some good games at launch which are addicting, online play and ill be happy

capt

14. Mark Hedges

Mark Hedges Second Unit

I would probably buy it no matter what but I would expect to see 1080i support and a digital audio output w/ in-game 5.1 sound.

Mark

15. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Really exceptional technological superiority. Especially since sports games for the GameCube are drying up; if there isn't much to choose from in the way of baseball games for the next Nintendo console, that's a major blow against it.

16. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

17. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Morgan, I wasn't talking about everyone or a representative sample thereof. I was talking about me.