What would it take for you to buy Nintendo's next console?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GlenHaag, Apr 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

"No, there is another."

Unsurprisingly, it will take nothing to get me to buy the next Nintendo system provided they don't go back to using cartridges. I would also prefer they don't do the entertainment hub concept which I think is, frankly, rather pointless.

Nintendo already got my vote after winning me back post-N64 which I firmly believe was nothing short of a debacle and have never and will never own one.

The best part is, by the time the new systems come out I'll have a seriously lucrative job so I'll just buy all the damn things anyway [​IMG].

2. Chris Duran

Chris Duran Stunt Coordinator

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

4. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

A couple good games and some disposable income. Same as always.

-Dave

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

1- Stop having a contest among your designers to see who can make the D-Pad most unuseable. Your controllers STINK, make more all-purpose designs. May I suggest looking at why the Genesis 6 button/Saturn Japanese controllers are the best of all time?

2- Online play, as good as XBL

3- Hardware will all capabilities of XB

4- Longterm third-party commitment. And I don't just want a Mario game on Launch. I want multiple NEW games that don't stink. That I have to play. Cute graphics go over well in Japan, and I like them too, but the majority of the US public has moved Nintendo solidly to ToysRUs because of this.

6. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Chris, I have zero interest in getting into another console war discussion with you. He asked what it would take for me to buy the next Nintendo product and I answered. Your opinion about my answers is your own, and I'm certainly not going to defend them to you.

7. Chris Duran

Chris Duran Stunt Coordinator

Dave F. I wasn't trying to get into an arguement with you I was just saying my opinion about your opinion, I respect what you have to say and what your feelings are I was just also expressing my own. Sorry if it seemed otherwise.

8. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

No problem, dude. The possibility also exists that I'm a little bit cranky this morning and therefore reacted a bit more harshly than normal... [​IMG]

9. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer
    Supporter

Carl III
    I currently have a Cube and an X Box but I play fewer video games than ever so next round at best I'll get one console. Whoever offers the most impressive combination of hardware and software at the best price will get my business.

10. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

I would probably buy the next Nintendo console no matter what, but it would definately be my last priority. I think there's a big "if" as to if it's even going to come out though.

11. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

12. Marc_Sulinski

Marc_Sulinski Supporting Actor

It wouldn't take much for me either, as I would pretty much get any hardware that Nintendo puts out. I would also prefer that it isn't a "media hub", as I already have a DVD player that will do a better job than anything built into a console machine. BTW, the GameCube does support 480p, but you need a special cable. As for 480p software, I know that Super Metriod and Wind Waker support it. I would like the next gen one to do 1080i, but that wouldn't be a requirement.

13. Adam Nixon

Adam Nixon Second Unit

I have to wonder if a similar topic about the X-box would ever be posted on this forum. Why is it that some are actually cheering for Nintendo's demise? The market CAN support 3 consoles and we ALL win with their respective successes.

Honestly, every console on the market has its share of problems. The PS2 runs behind the technology curve, The Cube has a severe shortage of great 3rd party titles, and the X-box lacks major exclusives. Sure, the Cube might not be leading the race, but Nintendo is still turning a profit -- unlike Microsoft. They aren't going anywhere.

I can understand some of the dislike that the Cube gets, but it's a little ridiculous to expect them to go third party just because some people refuse to buy a Nintendo console.

14. Romier S

Romier S Producer

15. Adam Nixon

Adam Nixon Second Unit

I know, it just seems that Nintendo bashing is all the rage these days. You can't escape it anywhere on the net, even though many people have very valid points.

I'd love to see EAD try and target older gamers with a new, innovative franchise. Unfortunately, I just don't see them moving in that direction -- it's easier to have the 2nd party developers take care of that.

16. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I think a lot of us aren't bashing (I personally have better things to do with my time). I actually constructed my responses in hopes that someone in the "industry" would read them and maybe pass em on to the Big N. I loved my SNES and N64 (though I had few games, the ones I did I played to death) and would love for Nintendo to have a next-gen system that I actually want to own. Unfortunately, for my needs, the Cube meets very few of them.

17. Scott L

Scott L Producer

18. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

bad d-pad, have to use shoulder buttons for Capcom games, blech.

19. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think the PS2 controller is the best in terms of design (there might be a thing or two with the joysticks being too tight/loose or the d-pad being too hard/soft or whatever, so I'm leaving my choice at the design).

The 6 face buttons thing was annoying for me on the Genesis. I'd prefer less buttons on the face for immediate actions.

20. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer