What's new

What we are up against... (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
"Money talks and bullshit walks." - The Bard

That's a nice way of saying ACTION, NOT WORDS. All of this ranting and demagoguery is masturbatory at best. Buy movies in OAR and don't buy P&S/FS... and the rest will take care of itself. For all the bitching here, the studios care about the bottom line and nothing we say here is going to change that. Those of us who understand and love OAR must work to spread that understanding and love to others, and the market will reflect that shift accordingly. I've converted many P&S people to OAR by showing them the benefits, but then I've also convinced those people to buy bigger TV's and 5.1 surround systems to go along with their newfound love of movies as an art form.

So all of you... quit your bitching and go buy some DVD's!

David Susilo

Screenwriter
uhmmm, how by buying more DVDs we will get smaller (less than 30") 16:9 TVs? I thought buying more than 500 DVDs and several 16:9 supposed to help this which in fact it's still not enough.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Okay here's my idea to really piss off the J6P's out there: Offer widescreen bars in different colors. That way, when one of them complains about "them black bars" someone can smugly say, "Just go into the video options menu and you can change them to eight different colors. You think black bars are annoying? Try cyan bars buddy!" Genius, if I do say so myself.

RogerB

Second Unit
Andrew, I liked your idea. Or they could replace them black bars with all of those annoying Windows wallpapers!

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Andrew, I liked it too! I just think this thread has run it's course for now, however I expect a revival soon.:)

David Stone

Stunt Coordinator
There's hope. My 65 year old father used to hate the "damn black bars", but since he got his DVD player for Christmas and a few of his favorite movies in leterbox, he loves it. I think it was watching "The man Who Would Be King" in leterbox that convinced him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks