What's new

Directors What was the worst Christmas present you ever got (Bose and clothes not included) (1 Viewer)

Danny Knapp

Stunt Coordinator
I got one of those stupid meowchi toys...totally pointless! It doesn't even move!!
------------------
I dislike Tom Green!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I'd want an acoustic guitar for christmas!
tongue.gif

Im getting a Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal for my Bday on the 29th...
biggrin.gif

------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
Birthday: November 29 (Sagittarius)
Horoscope:
Sagittarius - You are very sexy and women are attracted to you.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
We always get crappy presents at Xmas, its a tradition with my nutty mates, and I always look for something useless to get them, they know I'll be binning the present as soon as they leave.
I think this Xmas I'll have a rubbishbin ready at the door and my friends and relatives can drop the presents in when they arrive.
Useless presents have included big fat books on 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' oh hell no!, I mean no one watches that rubbish, especially on our forum, and totally uncut videos of all 9 Friday the 13th movies, eeeek quick where's the bin?
wink.gif

I recently bought 'She who must be obeyed' a tequila lollipop with dead worm inside, the silly billy won't go near it let alone lick it, the creepy looking worm must have put her off, I'm very disappointed, why do I bother?
crazy.gif

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
.... a giant glass thermometer - basically a glass tube with about 6 or 7 temperature indicators...
Sweet! I've thought about getting one of those. Damn, when's the garage sale?
laugh.gif

I'm with NathanP on the book thing. I love books, too, but not from other people...they don't have a friggin' clue.
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Forgive me for straying off topic, but I just had to put in my two cents.
Music doesn't pay.
Granted there are more effective and sure ways to make millions, but it is a great way to make some extra cash. Besides, what else can a person do where you get paid to have fun, be adored by chicks, and receive one hell of a rush (better than any drug I've ever done) playing on stage in front of a bunch of people. :)
------------------
rock_band.gif
"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
A guitar... That was the best gift I ever got. Now I have 7 guitars and owned a few others that I have sold over the years.
The worst gift I ever got was probably a JVC CD changer. I was really hoping for a DVD changer that year and I thought I had it pegged. I was so anxious to open it and saw it was a CD Changer. I had to conceal my disappointment and try not to look upset. I used it for a year and sold it.
------------------
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Kevin, I agree with you about playing live. I did it for 10 years with various bands and have even been asked for an autograph on a snare skin! No drug could ever replicate that feeling of playing live and having people beat each other up over your music. Good god I need to get back into a band. The most "famous" show I ever played was my band opened for Days of the New in Grand Rapids. What a rush, even though I hate that band.
------------------
"People = Sh*t" - Slipknot
My Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

brentl

Senior HTF Member
a pack of playing cards!!
I win
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
One year, for a birthday (sorry to stray off topic a bit) I got a copy of Cinderella from my Grandmother... which some of you may like, but I had just turned 13 (I think) and thought it rather odd, especially since I had two younger sisters (who were much more excited about it than I was). Not a terrible gift, but one of the oddities that sticks out in my mind.

One year my sister got this small little "boom box" that was just a radio and was probably bought from a dollar store or a Liquidation Center for no more than $10. If she was 5, it might of been an ok gift, but she was 16ish.

Sam C

Stunt Coordinator
One year we gave my father-in-law a recliner that we paid over a grand for ...
What did I get in return ...
Smoke Detectors ... 2 of them ...
:angry:
Those smoke detectors worked for about 2 minutes in the rather large leaf fire I burned them in ...

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
I got a copy of Cliffhanger...on VHS...LAST Christmas!
And my friend knew I've been buying DVD's for 2 years!
It was bad enough when I realized it was a VHS tape, but then to see it was a movie that was 7 years old... :rolleyes

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
One year from my step-grandparents I got a pinecone moquito.

I think it also had a thermomiter(SP) on it.

I think it broke the sound barrier going into the trash.

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
Worst Christmas gift ever: Cheap Telescope that I swore had the lenses made of plastic. Best gift ever: those I spend with family :)

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
There are many of you out there who will jump on my declaration of this as the worst gift I ever got. Maybe many, many or you.

One year I was visiting my Canadian cousins, who didn't know me well (but meant well). They gave me a quarter ounce of grass, pot, mary-jee-wana.

This to a guy who was:

a. One of the squarest guys you'll ever met (I still am).

b. In the US Navy, which in the early 80s, locked people up for that sort of thing (not just a ticket).

c. Stationed on a Navy base that routinely brought drug dogs out to scope out vehicles coming on board.

d. Had to cross the border to get home after the holidays.

My cousins were delighted when I gave it back to them for a New Year's present. Hmmm, maybe they did know me well enough. They gave me something that they wanted, perhaps knowing that it would be returned to them?

Scott W.

Second Unit
In my stocking one year... I received one of those Biore nose pads that clean off your nose. Nothing huge, but hey... I'm no girl!!
Scott

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
My sister gave me a huge box, I opened it and there was another inside, I opened that one and there was another inside....you get the idea until I opened the last box.

A box of coal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks