What's new

Directors What was the worst Christmas present you ever got (Bose and clothes not included) (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
A guitar.
I had hundreds of great things on my list that year.
And the pick me out a guitar!
Never ever played or learned to play it.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Nathan, What kind of guitar was it? Do you still have it? Worth selling?
------------------
------ Dave ------
------------------
Link Removed

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Quite a few years ago I received VHS copies of Dirty Dancing and Ghost. My family thought it was funny - I did not. Where is that barf smilie?
icon13.gif
icon13.gif

------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
A guitar.
That's a fantastic gift. Guess it's a matter of opinion. I'm speaking as someone who, after 15 years of procrastination, is finally starting to learn how to play.
Anyway, my worst gift ever was a lamp that was shaped like a turtle with the bulb being under the translucent shell. Tacky even by my standards...and I have the Grateful Dead dancing bears up on my wall.
biggrin.gif

------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Dave--
It's an Alverez Accoustic..
Pristine condition comes with a gig bag..
I would sell it but..
My Dad who happens to be a musician (Has MANY degrees in music) would probably be againist it and selling it would probably offend him.
My poor Dad, He's a musician.
Not one of his kids is into playing.
Music doesn't pay.
Another terrible gift I got was a book.
I hate books, thats just about the worst present you can get, unless the book is about HT.
------------------
"Um, ER, uh, No, it's not a bedroom HT, I just love it so much, I sleep in it."
"Way to go Dallas!!!"

Vanessa

Stunt Coordinator
Not my story, but a good one anyway...
My friend's Aunt is a little nuts and always sends really odd things, and one time for Xmas she sent my friend's mom a pair of used underwear that probably 2 or 3 people could fit in. They still aren't sure where she got them from as she is no where near that size!
Vanessa

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Last year my mother in law bought me... get this, a sterling silver plated... (drum roll) COMPUTER MOUSE!!
rolleyes.gif

It's still in the box. I can't see using a mouse that I can see myself in, much less having to POLISH my mouse lest it get tarnished. Besides, it doesn't have a scroll wheel like my current mouse.
KJP

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
There's a clear winner.... a giant glass thermometer - basically a glass tube with about 6 or 7 temperature indicators, which float up and down depending on the.... yadda yadda. Anyway its more tacky and shitty than it sounds, and is by far and away the worst present I have ever received. It went straight in the bin!

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
well,all i can think of the the wrapped up cat in "christmas vacation" my personal favorite christmas movie.
as far as personal crap gifts,i grew up out in the country and did alot of hauling fire wood,i got a pair of work gloves one year
frown.gif

------------------
Chad's DVDs

Brad_W

Screenwriter
The biggest White Trash gift I ever got was from my Wisconsin side of the family: Two packs of cigerettes. I didn't complain because I smoked them, but come on.
The worst wedding gift I got was a CHECK for 10 dollars! I mean not even cash, but a damn check!
The funniest wedding gift I got was a mechanical blue bird that sang some blue bird song. It was by one of my groomsmen. Very funny. Especially since I set it for motion sensor to suprise the girl that was taking care of our cats. The funnier thing is that since I've been home from my honeymoon, I haven't been able to find that Singing Bluebird. I wonder what happened to it while I was gone.
The best wedding gift I got (next to our week long honeymoon at a Sandels in St. Lucia which was all inclusive and a present from my parents) was a check for 1000 dollars.
------------------
"People = Sh*t" - Slipknot
My Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
In my family I'm the one that gives the lousy gifts. Back in '95 I got my dad a VHS copy of the 1985 Indianapolis Colts highlights and last year I got him a one of those big head figurines of some hockey player that I'd never even heard of.

RicP

Screenwriter
My poor Dad, He's a musician.
Not one of his kids is into playing.
Music doesn't pay.
Another terrible gift I got was a book.
I hate books, thats just about the worst present you can get, unless the book is about HT.
Gee no music and no literature? Have a great life
rolleyes.gif

------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
My "worst" isn't anything eccentric or strange - heck, I'd enjoy something like that! Those kinds of gifts are unique at least. No, my worst Christmas present was some clip-on sunshades. We're talking bargain-basement quality here, folks. A piece of shaded plastic with a clip. I suppose why this stuck is the way it was presented; wrapped half-assed in some old wrapping paper, all crumpled and torn, not cut.
I know this sounds picky but this is the kind of memories that stick with you - the great ones.
rolleyes.gif

I suppose the only other gift that even rivals that one is a scratched-still-with-the-used-CD-store-sticker-on-it copy of Morton Downey Jr. Sings. Yes, that's right. One of my friends actually had the nerve to pass this off on me.
Shite.
------------------
Spoiler:One Thousand Words
My Top 10 Movies of 2000 of 2001
Fox: Please release P.C.U. on DVD!

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Ric--
I'm a big reader actually..
Love Science Fiction and Original's like "Moby Dick" and "David Copperfield"
As for music, I listen to TONS of Classical and Opera.
But man,
I got this book when I was 14, and it was about airplanes!
I later found that book under the childrens section at the library!
Nathan
------------------
"Um, ER, uh, No, it's not a bedroom HT, I just love it so much, I sleep in it."
"Way to go Dallas!!!"

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I know you said not to include clothes, but this one time, when I was young, my aunt bought me a pack of underwear. The thing was, they were multi-colored...yellow in the front and brown in the rear. She wasn't laughing when she gave them to me, so I doubt it was in jest. I wish I would have kept a pair just for laughs.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

TimDoss

Second Unit
Bruce: What's the big deal about those? All of mine end
up that way. :)
My worst gift was at a family christmas party when I was
probably 11 or so... each person chose a name to give a
gift to... my damn stupid cousin got me. So while all of
the kids were busy playing with their new toys they just
got, I sat there having to pretend that I actually liked
the stupid-ass painted football plaque that she found at
a garage sale. I've never quite gotten over that... and
now I have this twitch.....

John Stone

Supporting Actor
11/15/2001
I'm a big reader actually. Love Science Fiction and Original's like "Moby Dick" and "David Copperfield"
Nathan, I'm confused. Are you a "big reader" who hates books, or did you just have a change of heart overnight?
Also, you should give the guitar a chance. I saved for an entire summer when I was your age for a guitar, so I can't imagine how you could let something like that just sit without even learning to play it.
frown.gif

------------------
My Homepage
My DVD Collection
Please help get Crossroads (1986) released on DVD! Sign the Crossroads petition!

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Whrn I said "I hate books"
I meant that I only hate them as presents.
Sorry to confuse..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks