What's new

What was the last live concert or show you've been too? (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden a little over a week ago.

Before that, I saw Paul Simon and Sting's co-headliner at the Garden… surprisingly good pairing.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Peter Gabriel - Back to Front, a bit reluctantly as I liked the New Blood so much, and didn't really want to see him to the overplayed and slightly boring So again, but it turned out to be quite magnificent, a killer band, a good selection of song other than So, a killer Digging in the Dirt, and Biko as an encore, really magical!
Blu is on pre-order ;)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I saw another Billy Joel performance at Madison Square Garden in April, and then again at the beginning of May. I'm really digging this lifetime residency thing he's got going on.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Once again, my answer is Billy Joel -- saw his show at Madison Square Garden on July 2nd.

It's not that he's the only musician I liked, although it probably seems that way reading my posts on this thread... just turns out none of my other guys are touring near me at the moment.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Kiss and Def Leppard at The Forum in Inglewood, CA

IMG_5065.JPG

IMG_5202.JPG

IMG_5199.JPG

IMG_5484.JPG

IMG_5891.JPG

IMG_5558.JPG

IMG_5640.JPG

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Here's a clip from a recent concert I wanted to go to but a browser malfunction kept me from getting tickets to.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I just saw Queen + Adam Lambert in Atlantic City this past Saturday night. It was an absolutely amazing show, and I gotta hand it to Lambert (of whom I am not a fan) for being able to fill those mighty big shoes vacated by Freddie Mercury. I almost lost it every time they flashed tributes to Freddie on screen, especially during "Bohemian Rhapsody," where Lambert synced his voice to follow perfectly with old concert footage. There was also a good half hour where Lambert left the old pros alone on stage for songs like "'39" and "Love of My Life." And although I adore the man and his abilities, Brian May's guitar solo was WAY too long. But I'm willing to overlook that. Because he's Brian May...

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
City of Cypress Summer Concert Series

Raymond Michael's Elvis Presley Tribute
June 28th, 2014

IMG_4590.JPG

Dean Colley's Neil Diamond Tribute
August 23rd, 2014

IMG_7241.JPG

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Speaking of tribute bands, has anyone ever seen Brit Floyd (Pink Floyd tribute band)?

If not, I highly recommend seeing them. I have seen many Pink Floyd tributes, but I (in my own opinion) consider them the ones to beat.

For reference, check out some of thier Youtube videos of the 2013 performance at Red Rocks Ampitheater.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
I never had the chance to see Led Zep, but just saw Plant and the shapeshifters just now, and WOW!
Outdoor venue and crowded, and rain before the show, but when they came on, and started with Trampled Underfoot, it was like seeing Zep.
Great selection of songs, and more Zep than I thought, but despite two guitar players, they couldn't match Page. Surprisingly good drummer, and Plant's voice in great shape.
A truly memorable show, to be sure. To be able to sing like that, at his age, and what a stage presence, like Jagger.
If you have the chance, don't miss them.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
6/20/2015 Saturday

Concert On The Green @ City Of Cypress

Southbound & Company Creedence Clearwater Revival Tribute Band

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks