What's new

What was the first DVD that started your collection (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
back in 97' (AKA 'The Dark Ages') I got Austin Powers, which at the time was the best Special Edition out with its 'commentary' and 'deleted scenes'
...times have changed ;)

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I bought the first release of JFK and Raging Bull. JFK has been replaced with the new edition, and Raging Bull is still waiting.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Batman (1989). It was also the first VHS tape I ever bought. At the same time, I also bought Blazing Saddles, but because of the VHS connection, Batman goes first.

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
The Fifth Element of course! I have watched it probably 25-30 times, and sold it to a friend to help off-set the cost of the Superbit version. I use it for a reference DVD, and every time I change a component, cable, or TV setting I put it in. The problem is: When I do, I can't stop watching the doggone movie! I watch it until it ends!!! :)
Pete

ChrisLee

Stunt Coordinator
I think its Sphere. Either that or Man In the Iron Mask. Got it without even having a DVD player. Bought it to try out on my aunty's new comp.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Back in Oct. of 1997 the first 2 discs I bought were Blazing Saddles and JFK. My friends and I got a kick out of watching certain scenes of Blazing Saddles in French and Spanish. Plus, it was the first time it was letterboxed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks