What's new

What tv show would you love to see in HD? (1 Viewer)

visionrider

Auditioning
Real Name
Nigel Rodmell
I would like to see reissue of Thunderbirds they were filmed on 35mm they would be amazeing in HD we can see all great models and effects many years before others did it a lot of guys doing effects went on to Starwars and many great films.:)

froggi3

Grip
Real Name
Fred
All seasons of the new Battlestar Galactica, The Sopranos, Stargate Atlantis, Enterprise, Deep Space Nine, and Brotherhood. If the shows have to be re-edited and retransferred so be it, it would be worth it in my opinion.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

There are rumors about the upcoming UK BD-release by "Network DVD". Apparently there was a "2008 will also see the release of The Prisoner on blu-ray"-note on their web site at some point. At this point of course just a rumor..

My wish list:

1) BAND OF BROTHERS (and before you ask, Japanese HD DVD is just too expensive)

2) TWIN PEAKS

3) WINDS OF WAR / War and Remembrance

4) MIAMI VICE

5) NYPD Blue

6) more STAR TREK

LCD22

Screenwriter
I would also love to see:

Friday Night Lights (with the original broadcast music)
Jericho (with the original broadcast music)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Band of Brothers :emoji_thumbsup:

From the Earth to the Moon

And maybe Star Trek TNG, if they can actually produce it in high quality HD, especially if they can actually go to widescreen format w/out losing the integrity of the best/original composition of the shots.

Can't really think of anything else offhand.

_Man_

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I'm not sure that TNG would translate well to 16x9. It seems to have been shot very much with 4x3 in mind with very little head room. No reason it couldn't be pillerboxed though just as TOS was.

Doug

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

I believe ST:TNG was originally shot in 4:3. Why it should suddenly be 16:9? Just bring the OAR, 4:3 looks just great in 1080p. :)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
My wish list for TV shows in HD.

Star Trek: Original Series
Star Trek: Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space 9
Star Trek: Voyager
Star Trek: Enterprise
Stargate
Stargate Atlantis
Terminator: The Sara Connor Chronicles
Seinfeld
Battlestar Galactica - Original Series
Battlestar Galactica - Re-envisioned Series
West Wing
Quantum Leap

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

I was under the impression that it was originally shot on film, flat, probably 1.85:1. But no idea if the actual composition had 1.85:1 (or similar) in mind or really just 4x3. However, I understand that the actual editing (and whatever SFX) was done in 4x3 for video.

But yeah, I'm not asking for MAR. I'm asking for whatever the "true" OAR is though I was wondering whether the "truth" is actually somewhere in the middle and maybe not realistically doable considering the editing and SFX. :P

_Man_

Mary_P

Second Unit
"Firefly" is coming on Blu-ray. No release date announced, but Jewel Staite (Kaylee) mentioned at a recent convention that she'd been contacted by Fox about recording some material for the Blu-ray release, which TV Shows on DVD confirmed with Fox:

Firefly DVD news: Blu-Ray Disc Release for Firefly - The Complete Series | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Now I hope Universal makes an announcement about re-releasing "Serenity" in Blu-ray, so those of us who've been holding off on jumping into HD can get both titles in the same format.

Marco S

Stunt Coordinator
Mary Tyler Moore & Bob Newhart The standard def DVD's look stunning. I was under the impression these shows were filmed rather than taped.
They should transfer well to blu ray-- The complete seasons on a few discs.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Some of the behind the scenes footage I have seen from the set of TNG show the monitors with TV safe markings, but I couldn't see anything that looked like 1.85:1 markings. Some shows were shot protected for 1.85 because they thought they might be shown theatrically in Europe. The Man From U.N.C.L.E. was done this way. But as all post production including effects for Star Trek: TNG were done in the NTSC environment, it seems unlikely that they were shooting for 1.85.

Doug

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

The Bob Newheart Show was shot on 16mm film, so I'm not sure how much of a visual improvement there would be in an HD release. Some other shows that I know of that were shot on 16mm film were Xena, "Hercules and Young Indiana Jones. All of them shot standard 16mm not super 16.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks