What's new

What turntable do you have ? (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
AR ES-1 with Rega RB300 tonearm and an Audioquest "Ruby" (I think) cartridge that should probably be replaced but still sounds fine to these ears.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I have an old classic from the 70s........... a Pioneer PL-514 w/Empire cartridge. Nothing fancy or special, but it sounds good to me. :D

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Wow Chas that turntable is really nice! I would like to get a nice Ortofon Vivo Blue Phono Cartridge or something like it. How much did your Audioquest "Ruby" cartridge cost you?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Oh, it's old -- like, early 1990s -- and I don't remember. I bought that as a package from Audio Advisor who had become the chief supplier of AR turntables in those years. I think the cartridge was a "low end of the high end" kind of thing, an inexpensive moving coil which AA had matched up very nicely with the tonearm and turntable. I've swapped it out a few times with a Shure V-15 Type V which for some reason I'd also acquired around that time, so neither one took the full brunt of my hours of record playing...which I really need to get back to, now that we're talking about it.

Spencer Draper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Spencer Draper
Technics Sl-1200mk2 with Shure M97xe I play this daily, but the Shure cartridge isn't the best around. I'm planning on upgrading at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks