What to use to print Reward Zone certificates?

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Cameron Yee, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    This is the second time now that I've received the email providing the link to the Reward Zone certificates I earned, only to have it not pull up the window to print. Anything I should try? I've turned off the pop-up blocker each time.

2. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    I've found that Internet Explorer is the only browser that will work. Mozilla? Nope. Firefox? Nope. Copy and paste the email link into IE and you should be OK.

3. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Tried that, no go. I wouldn't mind the mail, but the last time it took four weeks to get to me. I guess I don't have anything to buy for a month anyway.

4. nelsonC

nelsonC Auditioning

EDIT: Oops... I thought you were talking about the coupons... sorry.

--

Aren't most of these coupon's PDF's? The most recent double points coupon is. In order to view them, you need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Its a free download from adobe's website. I'm not allowed to post URL's, but its at adobe dot com.
    The web browser you are using shouldn't matter, its acrobat that display's and prints that type of document.

-NelsonC

5. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    From what I've been able to tell, the reward-zone coupons are generated on-the-fly, and are not PDF's. (This is because they include a unique UPC-like code that can only be used once for you.) Further, it only works on the PC, and it only works with Internet Explorer. Which is troublesome to me, since I'm a Mac guy at home.

- Steve

6. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I think they need to figure out a different method or speed up the certificate sent through the mail. Actually, based on the postmark date the thing didn't get printed for almost four weeks. Once in the mail it took two days to get to me. [​IMG]

7. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

I learned that the coupons only work with Explorer also. I use Netscape most of the time. It's also lame that they only give you 2 chances to print. Not that I've lost a certificate from printing problems before, but I can see how someone might, and therefore be screwed out of something they've rightfully earned. I like saving the money, but in this day and age, the certs should basically be issued at the store the instant you've spent enough money to earn another one. No waits, no hassle. BB has a pretty prehistoric system in place as it stands now.

8. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Yes, since you can log on to access your account, why can't there be a place on there where you download your certificates without all the javascript programming? I'm sure there's as much security in this method as the current system.

9. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    they wouldnt be able to be instant at store because they have to wait 30 dAYS 15 for some items, to make sure you dont return the item..

but something else should be done.

once the points are good(after the 30 days) they should appear on the rz card.

blockbuster online is good.
    you just log in and you can print them whenever you want.

10. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Yes - Blockbuster is a good example of how it should be (who'da thunk?).

11. Drew Dockery

Drew Dockery Stunt Coordinator

Seems like the coupons should be associated directly with the card. Once you clear a certificate, instead of mailing it out of having you print it off, it's just added onto your account. Of course with this, they wouldn't have people losing them or forgetting them altogether.