What's new

What to look for in a used iPad? (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I bought my 1st Gen iPad used right when the 2nd Gens arrived. I love it and have no qualms. Well, maybe one. I bought the 32GB version and there have been times I would have liked the 64GB. Some apps are surprisingly bigger files and movies can be bigger as well. Plus I have a lot of music and books on it as well.
You'll love it, Adam.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
While it doesn't sound like you will need it, be aware that the wifi only models do not have the GPS chipset. You would need to get a 3G model for GPS.

-Keith

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Thanks guys. There were a two people selling 2s with 64MB and 3G for $500, but I didn't need 3G and the lack of a warranty made me a bit uneasy. The rest of the people listing them were flakes or spammers/scammers. My wife convinced me to just go new. We looked at them side by side and decided we liked the screen on the three better, especially with the nominal price difference. Best Buy was out so we headed to the Apple store to talk about 32 or 64. Decision was made when they told me they just sold out of the 32s. Its a strange journey when you start looking for used iPad 2 32Gb and end up with a 64Gb 3.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Adam,

Congrats on your purchase. Welcome to the Apple family.

I'm getting a kick just having you in this part of the forum area.

Seems odd....hope you won't be a stranger.

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
I'm positive you will enjoy your new iPad. I'm glad you have yours now. I'll have mine in my hands in two and a half weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks