What's new

What to do with old comics? (1 Viewer)

Paul O

Stunt Coordinator
My parents recently sent me a big box of comic books i had stored away close to 20 years ago! Wow..i havent seen this stuff since then. What a rush to see so many old friends i pursued with a fetish so long ago! I have them all in plastic bags and im amazed at how good condition they have remained. I have lots of interesting Stuff - Conan #1 - 100, hundreds of low numbered Fantastic Four, Xmen, Thor, Daredevil, etc. So what do i do with all this stuff? I'm not interested in collecting them and apart from an urge to read a few of them .. i dont have a desire to delve into them (at least to the extent i had when i was 12). I checked on some values of comic books on Ebay and it doesnt seem like comics have retained a lot of value - never mind what i thought they would be worth back then. So what do i do with them? Suggestions?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Paul, I'd suggest the first thing you do is pick up a copy of Wizard. There you can get a much better idea of what your books are worth than you can on e-bay.
------------------
Yes, but are they high-quality balloons? ~ David Letterman
bandit.gif

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
I'd say the exact opposite of Clinton: Wizard is good for a theoretical value, but consult eBay for what people are actually willing to pay for a given book.
------------------
"Always make the audience suffer as much as possible" - Alfred Hitchcock

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
And when consulting eBay, make sure you are looking at the completed auctions. Also, my advice is either keep 'em or sell on eBay. No dealer on earth will give you a good deal. Standard rate is about 20% of value. Screw that. Yeah, eBay can be a hassle, but it's also a pretty good rush getting good money for your stuff. If you do sell on eBay, images are waaaay important. Pics sell product, no doubt about it, and it's true tenfold for condition sensitive product. You want big, clear pics. Get a scanner if you don't have one. Anyway, that's my take on it.
------------------
"Who made it?! The Shark!?!"
Please sign this Hammer Films petition
http://www.petitiononline.com/Hammer/petition.html

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
If u are gonna sell them on ebay Id recommend selling them in bulk instead of splitting them up-I think youll have a better chance of getting some decent money that way.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
Or you could just send them to me!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)
My DVD List

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks